three

That evening, they grabbed dinner at the buffet their resort offered. They were all worn out from the walking and energy they let out from all of their excitement. The occasional heat waves also played a small part, but they were keeping hydrated unlike some people. A family behind them in line for a ride were gossiping about how they heard that multiple people fainted from dehydration not long before.

"So, what was everyone's favorite part?" Mila asked in a singsong tone followed by her stuffing her face with shrimp from a kebab.

Elena answered, "Probably the resort so far. I love the New England style homes and the beach water park."

They both nodded at this. It was truly beautiful, well maintained, and fun to be in. Rosa answered, "That Everest ride was fun and just the right amount of scary." The snapshot from that ride had been the funniest. It took their picture as soon as the people on the ride would realize that the tracks ended at the top of the mountain and they inched closer to the edge. The three of them shared a look of pain and horror in that photo and Mila would never forget how her stomach twisted.

"My favorite part is the pictures I'm getting!" Besides the ones she paid for from the different rides, she was taking pictures with every Disney character that walked around. Just from Animal Kingdom, she had pictures with Donald and Goofy clad in safari attire, Baloo from Jungle Book, as well as Tarzan and Jane.

"You're such a child," Elena jokingly rolled her eyes. Mila looked around for kids before flipping her off when she saw that the coast was clear. She finished her food before her sisters did, so she took that time to call Vincent before she stopped herself. She had sent the last message and she had been the last person to attempt at a call. At first she thought it was childish, but now it was plainly chasing a person and Mila had never chased after anyone nor was she going to.

She began to put her phone away only for it to ring. She hurriedly went to pull it back out to answer it, hoping it was Vincent, but she let out a sigh as she saw that it was Ashley.

"How's Disney?" Was the first thing she asked.

"Amazing," Mila replied shortly, unable to ignore the feeling of disappointment that was coming over her. Was it so hard for her own boyfriend to check in on her? Send some sort of message that he had thought about her today?

Ashley scoffed, "It doesn't sound so amazing by the tone of your voice!"

Mila excused herself from the table to let her sisters finish their dinner in peace. She walked by the window to get a glimpse outside. It was dark and it had been a late dinner, but the outside was still lit up to reveal the beauty and all the effort put into the beachside resort from the palm trees to the manmade beach equipped with lawn chairs.

She wanted to tell herself to get a grip! Who cares if she didn't hear from Vincent? Maybe he was just letting her enjoy her vacation that she had been looking forward to for so long. It was still no reason to ignore her text and miss her call.

"No, really, it's amazing and I'm fine," Mila said, trying to convince her own self. She was right. She was at the happiest plant on Earth with her two sisters and on the phone with her best friend. It didn't get much better.

"Did Vincent do something?" Of course Ashley could see right through her, or hear the insincerity in her best friend's voice.

Mila only sighed, "Not exactly. I might have just not heard from him because it's the Super Bowl tonight."

"That's not a reason and you know it," Ashley sighed from the other line. She read the time out loud. It was eight o'clock. She said, "I guess I'll go to that dumb party and get out of the dorm."