twenty-nine

The after party was bittersweet. By then, everyone there had seen the movie at the premiere and everyone was feeling a multitude of emotions. Mila wasn't sure how to act. As a fan of the Marvel movies, she wanted to cry. In her opinion, the movie had a great conclusion to many heroes she grew up with behind the screen. Listening to the conversations of others, however, not everyone was satisfied that certain heroes wouldn't be coming back in the ways that they thought. As the date of Chris Evans, she instead held in her tears and told herself to wait until she was in private to complain to Ashley about it all.

For the actors and actresses and crew that made the movies come together, it was just as bittersweet as some of them knew they would not be returning and others knew this was just their start.

She was one of the first people to leave the movie theater with Chris and a few other co-stars of his before they started to let the fans out. They were being led to a new area of the venue that was top security that would serve as the place for the after party.

"What'd you think?" Chris asked what he knew to be a rhetorical question.

Mila should have known he'd ask. She forced a dry laugh as she said, "Can I tell you later when I don't have to worry about ruining my makeup?" He also laughed, using his free hand to rub circles in her hand draped through his arm.

As they waited outside of the after party area for last minute things to be set up, such as the bar, food, and the DJ, Chris was approached by none other than Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie.

"It's so nice to meet you in person," Sebastian extended his hand to shake Mila's. He had such a relaxed smile on his features.

She brought her arm away from Chris's to shake his as Anthony said, "As much as Chris has talked about you, his words don't seem to do you justice. You both look so great."

Mila shook Anthony's hand too, blushing as she said, "Oh my god, thank you both. It's really crazy being here."

"Well, we're glad you're here. What would you guys like to drink?" Sebastian asked.

"Water," Chris answered for both of them, knowing they weren't ones to drink in public, especially at such an event. They'd save the real celebrating with whatever poison they picked for the comfort of Chris's home in Los Angeles where he opened his doors for Mila, Ashley, and Dominique to stay.

Sebastian nodded and walked off. Anthony turned back to the two of them and asked, "So, what'd you think?"

"I can't imagine how emotional it is for all of you guys, because I'm ready to curl up and have a marathon to cheer myself up," Mila told him honestly.

By then, Chris's hands had already found his way back around her waist where his thumb gently and slowly went up and down her side. "No way. You promised me that we were going to watch the new Disney Nature film about penguins."

She couldn't help but giggle at this, only to get a dramatic eye roll from Anthony who said, "That's what you two do in your free time?"

Sebastian had come back around with two water bottles and beers for himself and Anthony. His demeanor was a little more cautious when he said, "I am so ready to get out of here and live under a rock for a while."

"Um, Baz, you just started filming for the new show," Chris opened the water for Mila before taking a sip of his own. He was referring to the new series, "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" which was still sort of hidden from the public at the moment.

"And? One of the reporters always has to ask me about you," Sebastian rolled his eyes.

Anthony nodded, "I know. What the hell does a reporter think I know when they ask me all these things about you and Mila?"