twelve

Somehow, the three of them safely returned to the dorms unspotted that night. Chris knew a guy who was going to take him to the hotel for the night despite Mila offering him her car considering she was going straight to bed.

The next morning, Mila woke up to her alarm. She was about to snooze it before realizing the alarm was reminding her that today was the day Chris Evans was taking her to the beach. It was a two hour drive, but it was a must for any college student on spring break.

"I'm so jealous," Ashley said while sipping on some freshly brewed hot coffee once Mila got ready and changed. She was wearing her swimsuit under a pair of blue jeans and a plain black tee shirt that was just slightly cropped to show her brown tummy modestly.

"Maybe we can all go tomorrow?" Mila offered. She would feel a lot more comfortable with Ashley there with her today, but she knew that Chris came all this way to see her so they should probably actually hang out together a little.

"I'd love to, but I'm helping with wardrobe at the dance studio tomorrow. It will be the first time someone actually wears my creations in a production!"

Mila gasped, "Ash, that is amazing! We have to go see the performance on opening night then." Ashley nodded excitedly.

Mila's phone rang and that was her cue to run down to the parking lot. After she said goodbye, she skipped to the door and opened it just in time to see Chris standing there.

"How in the world have you not been spotted yet?" Mila giggled, taking in his appearance.

Chris was also wearing blue jeans and a white tee shirt, with some logo on it that Mila didn't recognize. His disguise only consisted of a plain black hat and sunglasses, which was obvious enough.

"You look beautiful, honey," he smiled at her, "and did you really think I would make you come down to the parking lot? What kind of date would that make me?"

He extended his arm for her to take. She smiled and accepted after closing the door behind her. One last glance into the dorm revealed Ashley overdramatically fanning herself and mouthing things Mila couldn't exactly read. She only simply laughed it off.

The car ride went by quickly. They took turns picking songs while Chris drove, exploring each other's music taste. He liked classic rock and classic soul music, as did she. Their music ranged from Earth, Wind, and Fire to The Beatles to entirely listening to the newest album by John Legend.

Once she gave him the last few directions into a parking lot near the pier, she said, "Welcome to Jacksonville! This is Atlantic Beach, which is my favorite because it is less crowded, but there's also Neptune Beach not far from here."

"It sounds perfect," he smiled as he got out of the rental car. He popped the trunk and revealed a large beach bag that was full. He easily grabbed it, hanging it over his shoulder, closed the trunk, and extended his arm once again for her.

She gladly took his arm and they made their way towards the stairs that took them from the parking lot down to the beach next to the pier where a few people were fishing. Besides a family with three small kids and what seemed to be their parents as well as grandparents, the beach was empty. Much further down, the populated Neptune Beach could be seen with a few more groups of people. It was honestly relieving that they were all the way down there.

Neptune Beach was more popular because most of the hotels connected to it. It had more recreational things, such as fancy beach chairs, bike rentals, kite flying contests, sand castle contests, and beach volleyball nets. Parts of Atlantic Beach could be crowded, but this particular spot was usually more private for people who actually lived in the area as well as people who used the pier for fishing. Mila and Ashley had accidentally discovered it when they came to the beach to escape and study in the sand.