eight

It was becoming a habit of Mila's to scroll absently on Instagram to keep herself busy and to also keep her intruding thoughts at bay. Taking glances at what other people wanted you to see about their life was an easy pass time for avoiding your own life. It was also becoming a habit that every time she got on Instagram, she saw something alarming and different each time. This time, a blue check mark was what made her glance twice at the new incoming of followers requests.

imsebastianstan has requested to follow you

Why on Earth was the Winter Soldier requesting to follow her? It was the reason behind her calling Chris first for the first time, where he was usually the one to call her.

"Hi honey," he sang.

"Chris! Your friend Sebastian Stan just tried to follow me on Instagram!" If she had to deal with fans trying to follow her, he could deal with her occasional fangirling. She tried to keep it at a minimum, but even Chris fangirled over things at times. She deserved a pass every now and then.

"And was he successful?"

She hadn't even thought to accept or deny. No one in their right mind, fan or not, would decline a follow request from Sebastian Stan, but the first option that came to her mind was to call Chris despite the abrupt ending to their phone call the day before. "Well, I hadn't gotten that far," she bit her lip.

"He wants to see what you look like. I told him you were stunning and that you barely had pictures of yourself on there in the first place, but that wasn't enough for him."

Her stomach was doing flips for numerous reasons. Chris had just confirmed that he talked about her to the Sebastian Stan, he had just called her stunning, and now Sebastian was trying to follow her.

"Aw, Chris, stop! Well, do I accept? I don't know what to do in these situations," she laughed.

"Mila, it's not like you're accepting a death sentence!" He also laughed. Once again, he was right. Chris added, "Besides, he's right here and judging you for this conversation."

Totally not what she wanted to hear, whether a joke or not. "Fine, fine, I'm on it. I'll talk to you later. I am in desperate need of a nap."

"T-T-F-N," he spelled out the acronym, clearly testing her.

A huge smile came over her followed by a wave of joy at the reference. "Alright, Tigger, ta ta for now, ugh, that was perfect timing," she said as she began to think about the scene in the Winnie the Pooh movie where Tigger says that line. He laughed and she ended the call right there, still smiling to herself.

That evening was spent making final revisions to the city manager's speech from the comfort of her bed. Ashley was sat at the foot of Mila's bed with her own laptop, surfing the world of Twitter.

"Oh my gosh, this freshman keeps sending me tweets," she mumbled.

"Oh my gosh, now he added me to a group chat with his other freshman friends," she mumbled again.

"Oh my gosh, they keep adding more people and it won't let me leave," she mumbled a few moments later.

"Oh my gosh," Ashley stopped in her tracks this time.

Mila looked up and laughed at her shocked expression. She said, "What? Let me guess... oh my gosh! They're inviting you to some freshmen party now." She was jokingly mocking her, but Ashley didn't budge.

"You're on TMZ's Twitter," Ashley said without an ounce of emotion.

"What?!" Mila jumped from where she was under the covers and looked at the laptop screen displaying a tweet with thousands of likes and retweets already.