Vacation

When Ophelia had left the Doctor felt a strange pit in her stomach. This was the third time that he has had a similar interaction with her, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last.

He felt heartbroken to know that her lack of memory was particularly his fault, even more heartbreaking that he couldn't tell her of what was to come.

In order to get his mind off things, he decided to take the group to the destination of Amy's choice.

Rio.

***

I was slumpt over my desk as I woke up from the nap that I apparently took. The book my head had been resting on had a small dollop of drool and I honestly didn't feel the best.

Melody had noticed when her cellmate had woken up and looked at the bags under her eyes before declaring, "We need a vacation. You are clearly stressed and I haven't left in a whole 3 hours."

"3 hours? How can you stand it?"

Melody chuckled at my sarcasm, "I really don't know. Now, any planet you want to go to?"

"Asgard?"

Melody looked upset by the request, "Are you sure? I don't want to end up crossing your time line-"

"Then, go back in time to before my clan went there. Let's go have a picnic on one of my home planets."

"If that's what you wish for." She gripped my hand and I closed my eyes as she teleported us to Asgard.

When I opened my eyes I saw rainbow skies and silver trees that sang in the wind. I heard the calls of the vendor's this was Pandora's third and final home. My last home planet had been one called Gidu. Pandora would've loved the pink and yellow sky as well as the many plants.

Too bad that that planet had also been lost.

Before Melody led me over to Asgard vendors, she pulled me close to whisper, "I might've gotten the date a bit wrong. Perks of travelling too long with the Doctor."

"What's the date?"

"24/5/7109*993"

No. This was the day that Pandora died.

"River. I cant be here. We need to leave?"

"Why? It is only a week before you lot moved out, if we are careful-"

I shook my head, "We left because one of our clan members had been killed, and another driven near insanity!"

Melody looked taken aback, "What happened?"

"River, River, please. Don't let me stay. Don't let me do something that'll change the course of history. If today changes, I might have never met you, then a paradox could take place. Please. River, please."

Melody looked at Ophelia's broken eyes. She had never been told this date before, but the broken pleas and the use of Melody's fake name had caught her off guard.

"Okay. I won't make you stay. We can try again or-"

"No!" Ophelia looked on the verge of tears, "I thought I was ready to come back here, turns out I am not. Please, let's go home."

"Home?"

Ophelia nodded, "Anywhere with you but here. Whether you wish to join the Doctor on the Tardis, or back to the cells. I don't care, I just want to get away from here, but stay with you."

Melody pulled Ophelia into a hug, "How about, we to visit my mum? She always has wine ready if we ever have a visit."

"Have I met her before?"

"A couple times from her perspective. Just once from yours."

Ophelia nodded, just happy to be leaving the place that haunted her head. First she had dreams of Eden, where everything had been fine, then the rug got pulled out from underneath her. Not only once, but twice in the same day.

While still in the hug, Melody activated the Vortex Manipulator and took Ophelia to the house of Rory and Amy William-Pond.

Amy appeared first and she looked to Melody, "What has she remembered?"

"I actually took her to the wrong time. We ended up on Asgard on the day she lost her daughter."

Amy cringed, "I'll have Rory bring out the wine."

Almost as if Rory sensed it, he came with 3 wine glasses and two bottles. Along with a beer for himself, "I have the system down by now."

"Where are we now?"

"Actually, no new things that you would have experienced. I just came from our last wine and dine."

Amy nodded then turned to Ophelia, "And, how far along have you gotten?"

Ophelia sighed, "I feel like I am back on square one. I recently went to talk to the Doctor, there was some sort of Parasitic Pollen that caused a dream state, then I found a 'prophecy' sort of thing."

"The Dream Lord?"

Ophelia shrugged, "I don't know what you were dreaming about. I ended up bouncing back into my own dream world."

Amy nodded, "I'm glad you came here to relax for a bit. Feel free to take your mind off things."

During the time spent laughing, Ophelia didn't feel as if she were on a vacation. She felt as if she loved as she laughed at Rory's jokes and Amy's drunken state. She felt happy as she leaned into her Melody's side as she told solo adventure tales.

She felt as if she was home.

***