Commerical Street

Hello Lovely Readers!
I'm granting you with two long updates since finals week is coming. I will probably not write for two weeks 😬 I hope you enjoy these happy moments💜

——December 29th 1945——
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Am I supposed to be this nervous?" Iris asked Carol as she stared at her self in the mirror.

Carol smiled. "Of course! You're making the best decision of your life." Iris rolled her eyes and let out a shy giggle.

Carol took her hands. "Iris trust me. The man is head over heels in love with you. You're his oxygen, I think he loves you a little too much. Ignore everything bad going on and focus on your love."

"I know. I love him so much I just want everything to go well tonight."

Carol's eyes got watery. "Oh man it's like you're growing up before my very eyes. I watched you go through the motions with him. From hating his guts, to disliking him, to being indifferent, to forgiving and falling for him."

Iris laughed at Carol's truth. She really did go through all feelings with Vince. "Iris you've changed so much for the better I want you to live your life like everyday is your last. And Vincent will love you like everyday is your last. Jolene adores him and you give her the twinkle in her eyes. I didn't believe in God until I met you and saw how just your existence changed Vincent's life. I'd didnt think it was possible for someone to be such a perfect match for another's child until I saw Jolene and Vincent. I love you Iris and I'm so thankful for you. You inspired me to change and owe you so much, now I'm with James and I couldn't imagine anything better."

Both ladies were crying now hugging each other. "I love you too Carol. I'm so happy it was you who dumped alcohol on Annabelle's head that day." The two laughed and embraced each other.

"Are you ladies ready?" Mrs. Goddard and Mary Darrington peeped in the room. "Oh Iris you look beautiful!" Mary's eyes shimmered with tears. Iris smiled at her.

"I guess I am ready." She grinned excitedly. Iris stood up with her dress pooling around her feet. Vienna Madden looked at Iris in awe as she walked out. "Darling... you look." Vienna covered her face with her hands and cried.

"Thank you Iris you really are the light of his life." Vienna weeped as Iris embraced her new mother-in-law. "Thank you Vienna. Vincent loves you so much."

Iris just knew the right things to say. Vienna cried harder. Once Victor died, she and Vincent were close to starving but she never let Vince know that. Keto, Victors brother offered her money shouldn't couldn't refuse instantly. She put aside her morals and slept with men to pay for their living expenses.

She would tell Vincent they were her boyfriends so that he wouldn't know of her prostitution. That's when Vincent started to hate her. She started sleeping with people a month after his father's death.

He didn't understand and she never allowed him to understand what she was doing. He assumed she just didn't love his father like he did. He assumed she was trying to replace him. She didn't want him to know she needed the money.

Vienna wasn't proud but she wouldn't regret saving her son. "Thank you darling. Now hurry up he's waiting for you at the alter."

________________________________

Cold feet isn't the term Vincent would use to describe his emotions. He was anxious as hell. He had been waiting for this day for a long time. There was no such thing as cold feet for Vincent Madden.