Boston Plaza

No more clean shaved Vince ☹️ (I like the beard better

No more clean shaved Vince ☹️ (I like the beard better... Iris probably did too)

G Rog Rogers
Aug 2017
-Haunting Angel

I knew Her as an angel
She is remembered as a ghost
Haunting every memory
with love that now is lost

Her ways were
near to perfect
until the shadows
touched Her soul
The bitter winds
they overtook Her
far more fierce
than She could hold

Now the hauntings
of Our memories
and the tragedy
that did befall
is all that's left
me to remember
of the angel whose
name I once did call

Beauty then to darkness
as the shadows
haunting pause
Reveal a ghost before me
where an angel
there once was

Remembering an angel
when surely She is lost
I turn and focus onward
Righteous VENGEANCE
then my cause.

——July 19th 1951——
East Boston, Massachusetts

Vincent looked in the mirror and couldn't recognize his own face. He couldn't feel anything. He wasn't sure if his heart still had a beat anymore.

Jolene could feel it too. He was different now. They just had to accept the change. Vincent had been teaching Jolene how to properly fight and kill. It was the only time they could connect with out the over whelming feeling of sadness and guilt. He tried so hard but he had no feeling. If felt impossible.

Jolene wasn't the same. She didn't wear dresses or her hair in pretty braids anymore. She threw away all of her stuffed animals now. She moved out of her old room and into Iris's old room until they moved.

Vincent mourned for the loss of his daughter's happiness. Part of the reason he was training her was because he could see how bad she wanted this, how much pain and guilt she felt... how much she hated herself.

He hoped his silly Jo would come back sometimes so he could feel more human again. But she was as dead as him. Jolene only smiled at Vincent before bed. She didn't speak very often anymore.

Vincent thought about getting her a shrink or something. But knew he would be a hypocrite seeing as he was merely hours away from slaughtering the rest of Italian lineage.

Vincent has already killed over 100 people with Italian Mafia ties. Luciano had a lot of weasels on the streets, more than Vincent thought.

He wanted to do it on his own but James wouldn't let him go alone. He was a ride or die, even though Vincent shot his arm.