Chapter 8

Over the weeks where I didn't see him I often were thinking about if it's a serious relationship or if we are in a relationship at all. Before the day Luke and I got intimate I've never saw a sign that he likes me more than just a friend. I was afraid if one day our friendship would be destroyed forever. That I would lose him and all the memories we shared together. I wanted to know what he thinks about us but I didn't know how to start. I sat up straight and took his hand. 'Luke...' I started but that was all what came out of my mouth. 'Yes?' he asked a bit confused. 'Everything okay?' I took a breath and went on 'I really like you Luke. I don't only like you...I'm really in love with you. For a long time it wasn't clear for me but now I'm sure that I wanna have you by my side. You're the smartest, funniest and most beautiful boy I know. I know you for such a long time and we had so much fun together. Do you remember when we throw some eggs against our neighbours window when we were younger or when we wrote some crazy allegations on the wall about our teachers in high school? They were so angry and thought about to ban us. We had so much fun together. Every time. I'll keep this moments forever in my heart and I don't want that they get destroyed. Whenever I was sad you made me laugh. Whenever I need help you were there for me. I'm so thankful for it. You mean so much to me Lukey. More than anyone ever did.' I stopped for a moment and went on. 'I don't know how to say it... Are you serious with me? I mean ...I never realized that you could like me. I never saw some signs for it. But on this day with the boys...' I felt like I wanted to cry for some reasons. I waited for an answer but nothing happened. I looked up to Luke. He turned away his face. 'Luke?' He looked at me and for a second I was scared. It looked like he got some small tears in his eyes. 'Hey Lukey everything okay?' 'I know it never looked like I love you but I really do. For many years. I also thought you only wanted to be my best friend and that's all. I never saw the right moment to tell you my feelings but this day I just had to. I know that you think I am crybaby but I never could imagine you'll have these feelings for me. That's what I wanted for many years'. My heart stopped for a moment. I didn't know what to say so I just kissed him.In the same time I felt how a small tear fell down my face. This moment was so emotional. He used his sweater to dry my face. He looked at me with a smile and pulled me closer to him.
After a time I felt how someone carried me to bed. It seemed like I fell asleep on the sofa. Luke laid me carefully down onto the bed and covered me with a blanket. He came next to me under the blanket and hugged me. It felt so comfortable and warm with him by my side. He kissed my neck and whispered in my ear 'Good night honey. I love you'. I felt his breath on my skin and fell asleep.