Chapter Seventeen

"To avoid any suspicion, I think we should go to the quidditch field. No one will be there to see us." said Draco. "Or for anyone to over hear the conversation topic at hand." Hermione said in agreement. It was her way of reminding him that she only agreed to come on this walk to plan. However she wasn't quite sure what they'd be planning...for there was nothing they could really do at this point, but to hope that Dumbledore didn't get himself killed while on holiday. Even if they didn't come up with anything, she could still tell herself they were. It would keep her going insane with stress over having nothing-not even homework- to do. Her agreeing to go on a walk with him, was also an opportunity to try and talk to Draco and trust him as she told Harry they must, for they had no other choice.
...
The walk to the quidditch field was spent in silence as Hermione and Draco lurked in the shadows. "We are going to look quite daft walking around the field." Hermione said, upon arriving. "Well it's a good thing nobody will be here to see us then." Draco replied. "Have you ever walked through the Quidditch field?" Draco asked. A tiny smile appeared on her face. "Only once, when Harry almost got killed by a bludger, but I was panicking quite a bit then, so I don't remember much besides Harry's injuries." "Well, I happen to know this field quite well, and it's one of the only places where I feel safe." 

...

Hermione thought of the library, and how it had the same affect on her. "Let's walk to the center." he said, leading the way. Moments later she was griining up at the stands, and hoops. The familiar colors surrounding her made her feel at home. House pride, Hogwarts, Home. The wizarding world had become such a dark place. Seeing something so simple as the banners of the houses she had grown up with all her around her, made her happy. She closed her eyes for a moment, and opened them to wizards and witches of all ages with the biggest smiles on their faces. Cheering on their own house members, the simple joy of friendly competition. "Nice isn't it?" Draco said suddenly, breaking her away from the world of bright smiles and colors and back to the dull shades of black and gray. "Yeah." she whispered, as the ghosts of the happy witches and wizard memories faded away into the gloom. "Can we go sit down for a bit?" she asked, and made her way to the Gryffindor  stands, as Draco nodded.

...

Hermione climbed up to the highest seat, even though Draco was sure she had seen him sit on a low one. He watched as she took a seat in the very center at the highest point. "Really?" sighed Draco. Hermione looked quite smug. With a dramatic sigh, Draco made his way up the stands, making it a point to let his rolling eyes be seen. "Oh yes I know, daft mudbood making your life miserable and complicated." Hermione sang. Draco stopped in his place. "Hermione I don't..."

...

She didn't allow him to finish. "It's alright, I know that's how your really feel." Draco really looked exasperated now. "Hermione, I've done everything I can! I've lost count of how many times I apologized to you. I have risked my life along with my families just to save people like  you!" he exclaimed. "People like me?" she echoed.

...

All of his emotions over the past few weeks were still inside him, threatening to pour out any minute, he was really biting his tongue now. "I mean people who-" "People who aren't pure. People who have dirty blood. Come on Draco you know the word, I've heard you say it right at me a billion times!" she exclaimed, pushing and pushing. "Yes Hermione! People like you! A mudblood. Just like you!" he cried, not being able to stop himself. Hermione looked like she had been slapped in the face. "What?! That's what you wanted wasn't it? Mudblood! Mudblood! Mudblood!" he cried. "Yes you're still a mudblood, Granger, and I am still a pureblood and the blood in my veins still says I'm a Malfoy but that isn't all there is to me! I've changed, I know that is impossibly hard for you to believe. I know you've had trouble understanding it, I know that probably drives you crazy, because who else knows more than Hermione Granger? Well guess what, Granger? This is just one of those things that you can't look up in a bloody book! This is just one of those things that you are going to have to take my word for. I can't just spend my every waking moment crying on my knees and begging for forgiveness. I know, believe me I know, I have done so much wrong. I can never erase my past, I'm stuck with it. I've got this terrible mark as a constant reminder! It will never go away." he said, lifting his sleeve and letting Hermione see the Dark Mark. "The scar I left will probably last longer than the one on Potter's forehead, but I am not like the man who gave it to him, nor the ones who serve him." his voice had raised quite a bit, he stood there looking Hermione dead in the eyes. She didn't even flinch. "Why do you want to give me false hope?" he finally whispered after several moments of silence. "Why do you let me believe that I can be forgiven one moment and then the next you just shut me out? Pick a side and stick with it, you aren't just arguing with yourself, you're driving me insane."

Hello readers! It's so great to come back and write...I've missed it. School started and I've found it hard to come back and write. I wrote several differant versions of chapters on paper but none of them seemed right. I'm glad I have come back with one I know I am happy with...I hope you will be too. Sorry for the wait. Thank you for all the kind messages, votes, and reads...nothing makes me happier than getting a notification from Wattpad, that is brought to me by one of you. 1.7K reads?! W-O-W! So close to 2K! I'm excited! Please leave a comment letting me know what you think so far...thanks for reading! -jazzyjstar*