Chapter Thirty-Two

DRACO AND HERMIONE HAD A SUDDEN DEATH AFTER A TORNADO CAME AND BLEW THEM OUT OF HOGWARTS.

THE END.
I'm sorry. I can't write this fanfiction anymore. It's a lot of work. 

I'm just kidding. I love writing this. Here's chapter Thirty One.

Draco was feeling -among other things- an abundance of relief. After several moments of Hermione seemingly struggling with her own doubts, she collapsed into Draco. Allowing him to wrap his arms around her in a short embrace. They sat together on the sofa provided by the Room of Requirement, tea in hand, Hermione emotionally expressing her apologies. Apologies that Draco soon tried to put an end to, as he insisted they were absolutely unnecessary. Still she shook her head and continued on, until Draco stopped denying her apologies and allowing her to let out all she needed to say. He was there to listen to her just as she listened to him when he least deserved it, though in Draco's eyes Hermione had done no wrong. To Hermione however, her actions were "disgusting and hypocritical". When he asked why she used these words her explanation was oddly relieving in an almost selfish way. It made Draco feel like a better person, the way only things that came from Hermione Granger ever could. She seemed to have the effect of bringing the best out of him. She said that her reasoning for judging him and ending their contact was simply because of the family he came from and the assumptions that ran with it, despite having already gotten to know Draco and understanding who he truly was. She was, as she put it, judging him for the blood that ran through his veins. This was the very judgement she had been fighting for years, specifically with Draco himself. Yet she had allowed herself to fall into the same thinking that everyday ruined this beautiful wizarding world and according to her, the muggle world too. She was falling right into what Draco had so bravely climbed out of.  She apologized for her blinded judgment, and explained that though apologizing to Draco was a big help, she felt she wasn't all like herself even still.  She talked about the thoughts that led her to the Room of Requirement, and though it disappointed  Draco in an odd way that her reasons were not the same as his, he felt an empathy for Hermione he had not before realized he was capable of feeling. She was quite homesick and even more so she was feeling lonely as she had not even seen her best friends for quite a bit of time.  She stopped just then to look up from her cup and finally meet Draco's eyes. "I missed you as well." she admit. "I missed the picnics," she added "and I do wish I had thought to hope for a bit of supper when coming here," she said with a small chuckle. "I'm beginning to feel the result of not having eaten supper and barley having a bite to eat for lunch." Draco nodded knowing regrettably just how she was feeling. She sighed then brightened suddenly as though she remembered something. "Are you up for a bit of sneaking around?" she asked, setting down her tea.  He shrugged setting down his tea beside Hermione's and not bothering to ask questions. "Why not?" he replied. "Alright. We're off to the kitchens." said Hermione. "That's your idea of mischief?" he joked. "Yeah I suppose I'm not all that exciting." she laughed. "You know what you need? Another ride on my Nimbus 2000." he teased as they stepped out.

...

"I'll be right back," Hermione said leaving Draco. "I know the house elves here." He leaned against a wall as she disappeared thinking of all the relief that came with the day and how much Hermione had come to mean to him. The days with her had gone by so fast, and brought so many smiles. The days without her were days of such a darkness. It was as though he had plummet down further into a sadness that he didn't have before he knew what it was like to care for her.  It scared him in a strange way for many reasons. He had never cared so much for someone other than his mother, and now that he did he feared that perhaps caring for her would put her in danger. Was it selfish to want her by his side when people like her were the target of the death eaters? He thought of Bellatrix, of his father and far worse. He thought about what they would do to Hermione if they saw her with him. Somewhere in the back of his thoughts he knew that there was something very strange in the fact that he had this sudden turn in perspective. He wasn't sure how he came to such dark thoughts or when he began to sweat and clench his fists but somewhere in these dark thoughts the light came. She was in front of him suddenly looking at him with deep concern. "Draco? Are you okay? What happened?" she asked when he finally came into focus and looked her in the eyes. "I'm never going to let anything happen to you." was all he could manage. 

I hope you enjoyed this, I really enjoyed writing it. I can't believe this fanfiction has over TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND READS. Once again I apoligize for how long this chapter took. I really put a lot of effort into each of my chapters and some chapters will take longer than others.  Thanks for reading! 

Please leave a comment with your thoughts...thank you! -jazzyjstar*