10

Louis and Willy returned back alone.

"Where's Clementine and AJ?" Tenn asked them with a worried expression.

"They're okay. Or I think so at least." Louis answered. "It's a long story, but they went to search for the boy that wears walker skin."

He went to sit down on one of the benches and you followed him, wanting him to tell you everything about what had happened.

As you observed his face, you could see that he was a bit shaken up, his shoulders tense.

"Are you okay?" You asked him.

"Oh. Yeah." He answered. "I was just a bit surprised. In the forest... We met Minnie."

"What?"

"It seems like she's with them now." He said, sounding bothered. "She also said- She said that Sophie's dead."

You kept quiet, not knowing what to say. How would Tenn react to this? Maybe it was best to not tell him anything about it yet.

"We've come up with a plan how we're going to get them back." Louis then spoke with determination in his voice. He went on to tell you about the detailed plan and everyone's tasks. "You and Ruby will set fire to their hay and free the horses."

You nodded and put on a brave face. But in fact, you had never been more scared. How in the world would you be able to pull this off?

Louis read you like an open book. He always managed to that for some reason.

"I know. I'm fucking terrified. If that makes you feel any better." He said with a sigh.

You slid your hand across the table to his and intertwined your fingers. You tried to keep calm, but in fact, you always got so nervous in his presence. It felt like you'd never get used to his touch.

"We'll make it somehow, I'm sure of it." You said and smiled reassuringly at him. "We're going to go there and kick some ass."

"Hell yeah we are." He said and flashed that picture perfect smile.

The familiar sound of the rusty gate opening was heard. Both of you quickly let go of each other's hands and acted like nothing had happened.

"We're going there tonight." Clementine announced. "James agreed to help us, he's leading a pack of walkers to the boat. We'll sneak in with the heard."

After that, she and AJ went to the dorms. A few seconds after, Ruby came towards you with a couple pillows in her arms.

"We're going to have a little party in the music room." She said. "Do you want to help?"

"Sure. Sounds fun." You answered.

"Oh, I know!" Louis exclaimed. "We can go get the old gramophone!"

And with that, he was off. Ruby gave you an amused look as you got up to follow him.

When you entered the headmaster's office, Louis was already admiring the old device and looking at the covers of the vinyls.

"Find anything interesting?" You asked. He turned around to look at you with a bright smile.

"There's a lot of cool music here." He said enthusiastically. "Classical, country, jazz..."

He put on a vinyl a piece of classical music started playing. It spunded a bit jagged, but it did actually work.

You stood there besides each other for a while, just enjoying the melody. It was a long time since you'd heard some other music than Louis playing the piano.