49

In Pierre's apartment, dad and I have cooked dinner and are now sitting with mom and Pierre sitting around the kitchen table. 

"I forgot how good you can cook." I start to laugh.

"No, you didn't." 

"Maybe you should cook more often to make sure I don't forget." Now, mom and dad also start to laugh.

"You certainly are charming, Pierre," Mom says and she winks at him and then looks at her husband. "You remind me of someone." Pierre and I look at each other and frown. 

"What are you trying to say, mom?"

"He reminds me of your father, he could be quite the charmer as well." I start to grin. "Yes, darling, that says something. We still need to think about it, but consider me a step closer to letting you go." I stand up and throw my arms around her.

"You're the best mom." She laughs. 

"What a surprise, you always said that when I gave you right or gave you something you wanted." Now dad starts to laugh as well. "It is some sort of catchphrase Anca has whenever she gets something she says the person to give it to her is the best. 

"Well, I haven't heard it yet." I roll my eyes. "And I believe I..."

"Shut up!" Dad squints his eyes together. 

"What was he trying to say?"

"Nothing."

"I was trying to say... Ow!" Underneath the table, I had kicked Pierre against his shin. "Nothing, just that I had given her a holiday at my place and then the French Grand Prix." Dad doesn't believe a thing of it, but fortunately, mom notices and changes the subject. 

"What will you do if you do get the place? How will you decorate it." I start to smile and tell her the first ideas I have had. I have even made a mood board and quickly take that to show mom. "It looks very refined." I proudly look at my provisional ideas.

"It will be."