12. Broken.

(Shawns POV)

"The operation was going absolutely fine, she was very stable and breathing well. Unfortunately one of her lungs did not co-operate with the anaesthesia and stopped working. We're really sorry and we did everything we  could but she didn't make it" the doctor frowns.

The next thing I heard was a blood draining scream for Ariana. I sat there completely shocked and went pale white.

Ariana went so weak she tried standing up to go to the toilets I'm assuming to be sick as soon as she stood up she fell down onto the floor curled up crying and screaming.

(Ariana's POV)
No no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!

I couldn't think, I couldn't breathe, I get up onto my knees reaching for a bin and puking.

The doctor called some nurses in to help me and Shawn had silent tears flowing down his face.

It took me a few hours to stop shaking and crying. I could barely stand.

It was about 1am and it was time to leave, without her...

Shawn held my hand and there was paparazzi outside which was going to make this all so much worse...

*the next day*

(Hayes POV)

I woke up the next day and rolled over to grab my phone. It was more spammed then usual. Shawn and Ariana were all over the news. I furrowed my eyebrows and rub my eyes.

@SkyNews:
"Shawn Mendes And little sister Ariana Mendes pictured leaving hospital in the early hours after their mother passed away mid-operation"

@SkyNews:"Shawn Mendes And little sister Ariana Mendes pictured leaving hospital in the early hours after their mother passed away mid-operation"

I widen my eyes and stare at the pictures

I widen my eyes and stare at the pictures. Seeing Ariana's sad face made my heart ache.

I get up and rush to wake up cameron and Nash and tell them what I saw.

They both get on their phones and see the news.

"Well we have to fly over there." Cameron says immediately.

We all agree and we get texts from the other boys as they found out what had happened.

Twitter was going crazy.

@AriIsBae: omg. @AriMendes @ShawnMendes sending you both all my love 💔
@Shawwnmuffins: I can't believe this has happened. They didn't deserve this 😭

We don't even tell shawn we were all coming over.

Bart has booked flights for me Nash Cameron and Matt wanted to come to. In the meantime the other boys all cleaned the house and emptied the spare bedroom of all the random shit we had in there incase Ari would be spending more time with us. We even moved the rooms around so she could be next to mahogany incase she needed to have girl talk!

We didn't even pack bags, we took a rucksack each and filled them with clothes and essentials.

We got bart to drive us to the airport and we got on the next available plane.

*Shawns POV)

Neither me or Ariana slept that night. It was about 5am and Ariana had been sick a few more times. Erin came over to see us too.

We were all sat in the lounge in Silence. Ariana hadn't looked at her phone once. She looked lifeless.

About 10 minutes later I see Ariana had finally fallen asleep on the sofa.

It was horrible to be home without mum.

I heard a faint knock at the door and thinking paparazzi had followed us home I ignored it. It didn't stop.

I sigh and get up walking over to the door and open it slightly to peek out and then when I see Cameron Nash Hayes and Matt I open it widely and start crying.

They all walk in and hug me and Matt closes the door

"What are you doing here?" I ask shocked wiping my eyes.

"You need us" Cameron smiles. God I have the best friends.

// thanks for reading part 12! A sad one :(!
Please answer:
1. What will Shawn and Ari do now?
2. Will Ari stay home or move in with the boys?