i. the avengers

CHAPTER ONE
the avengers

        LUNA WAS SITTING AT her kitchen table, her eyes closed, candles laying all around her as she concentrated

LUNA WAS SITTING AT her kitchen table, her eyes closed, candles laying all around her as she concentrated. She took a deep breath, keeping her eyes closed as she held onto the herb in her hand.

Right as she opened her mouth to start her spell, she heard her phone ringing. She let out a groan, but answered it, "Hello?"

"You've been requested to come in by Fury." Phil Coulson's voice came through the other end.

"Are you serious? I was in the middle of something." Luna sighed.

"Luna, Barton's been compromised." Phil told her, and Luna dropped the herb in her hand.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked.

🌟

Luna stood in doorway of the dingy Brooklyn gym, watching as Steve Rogers beat the hell out of a punching bag, "Trouble sleeping?" She asked.

"I slept for seventy years, ma'am. I think I've had my fill." He responded, continuing to punch that bag, not even looking up at her.

"Then you should be out, celebrating, seeing the world." He stopped punching the bag, and walked over to the bench, unraveling the tape from his hands.

He sat down on the bench, "I went under, the world was at war, I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost." He told her.

"We've made some mistakes along the way. Some very recently." She said.

"You here with a mission, ma'am?" He asked.

"I am." She nodded, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

"Is this the directors way of trying to get me back in the world?" He asked.

"This is his attempt at trying to save it." She corrected, handing him a file. He opened it, immediately noticing the couple of pages on the Tesseract, along with a few other pages on HYDRA'S projects.

"Hydra's secret weapon." He said.

"Howard Stark fished that out of the ocean when he was looking for you. He thought what we think, the Tesseract could be the key to unlimited sustainable energy. That's something the world sorely needs." She spoke.

"Who took it from you?" Steve asked, handing her back the file.

"He's called Loki. He's not from around here. There's a lot we'll have to bring you up to speed on if you're in. The world has gotten even stranger than you already know."

"At this point, I doubt anything would surprise me." He told her.

"Ten bucks says you're wrong." She crossed her arms,"There's a debriefing package waiting for you back at your apartment." She watched as Steve turned around, picking up a punching bag, hauling it over his shoulder, and grabbing his gym bag, and heading towards the exit, "Is there anything you can tell us about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?" She asked.

"You should have left it in the ocean." He responded without missing a beat.

Luna sighed, "I should've taken a vacation when I had the chance." She muttered to herself.

━━━

TAYLOR SPEAKS !
hey! welcome to killer queen! I know this chapter is a bit short. sorry. also, the outfits are no longer being put into the chapters. they will be on Pinterest. the link to my Pinterest is on a link tree in my bio. please if youre interested, go check it out! anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕

thank you -sungods for this amazing banner!

thank you -sungods  for this amazing banner!