xx. men made of plastic

CHAPTER TWENTY
avengers: age of ultron

        THE RIDE BACK TO Avenger's tower was somewhat of a quiet one

        THE RIDE BACK TO Avenger's tower was somewhat of a quiet one. They were all constantly making sure Clint was still alive and breathing, "Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever." Natasha told Bruce as she joined him.

"Just wasn't expecting the Code Green." Bruce answered honestly.

"If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory." Natasha reminded him.

"You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear."

"How long before you trust me?" Natasha asked him.

"It's not you I don't trust." He sighed.

"Thor, report on the Hulk?" Natasha looked over at Thor.

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." Natasha glared at him as Bruce groaned in despair, "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

"Wow, you sure know how to make someone feel better." Luna joked.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asked.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around." Bruce nodded.

"Thanks." Tony turned back to the computer. Luna was sitting alone, in silence, in her own little world. Her eyes were closed, her legs crossed. After every mission she went on, she tried to control her breathing, and meditate.

The second the Quinjet landed, Luna and Natasha were rushing out with the doctors, following them along as they took care of Clint.

Luna and Natasha watched as Helen Cho and her team took care of Clint, "You sure he's going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Luna joked.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum." Helen Cho explained.

"She's creating tissue." Bruce added.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes." Dr. Cho told them.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony joked.

"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Clint announced.

Tony handed Clint his drink, "Here's your beverage." Clint took a sip of the drink, then handed one off to Natasha and Luna.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Dr. Cho told him.

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Luna took a sip of her drink.

"That I can't fix." Luna cracked a smile, "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust."

"Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." Tony looked over at Dr. Cho.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She hesitated for a moment, "Will Thor be there?"

🌟

Luna was standing at the bar, conversing with Natasha, who was serving drinks at Tony's celebratory party, "Do you want a drink, or are you just here to talk?" Natasha asked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I was so annoying." Luna joked, "But, yes, I do want a drink."

"Well, what can I get for you?" Natasha asked.

"Beer?" She shrugged.

"Coming right up." Natasha popped under the bar, and popped back up with a beer and a bottle opener.

Bruce walked up to the bar, "How did a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?" He joked.

"Fella done me wrong." Natasha went along with it.

"You got a lousy taste in men, kid." Bruce stated.

"He's not so bad. Well, he has a temper. Deep down he's all fluff. Fact is, he's not like anybody I've ever known. All my friends are fighters. And here comes this guy, spends his life avoiding the fight because he knows he'll win." Natasha told him.

Luna was sitting off to the side of the bar, awkwardly, sipping her drink. She looked around, and saw Steve already looking at her. She gave him a pleasing look, telling him to come save her. He chuckled, and made his way over to her.

"Sounds amazing." Bruce smiled.

"He's also a huge dork." Natasha said and Bruce looked embarrassed, "Chicks dig that. So what do you think should I fight this, or run with it?" She asked.

"Run with it, right? Or, did he...was he...? What did he do that was so wrong to you?" Bruce asked.

"Not a damn thing. But never say never." Natasha told him, walking away.

"It's nice." Steve commented, walking over and wrapping an arms round Luna, pulling her closer to him.

"What, what, what is?" Bruce asked.

"You and Nat." Luna smiled, taking a sip of her beer.

"No, we haven't. That wasn't..." Bruce denied.

"It's okay. Nobody's breaking any by-laws. It's just, she's not the most... open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed." Steve explained.

"No, Natasha, she...she likes to flirt." Bruce stuttered, trying to find the right word.

"I've seen her flirt, up close. This ain't that. Look, as maybe the world's leading authority on "waiting too long", don't. You both deserve a win." See said and walked away, Luna's arm looped with his.

"Wait, what do you mean, "up close"?" Bruce asked, following after them.

━━━

TAYLOR SPEAKS !
hey! sorry this chapter is so short. I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕

 I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕