xxi. unworthy

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
avengers: age of ultron

        THE PARTY HAD ENDED, and they were all lounging around, talking and having fun, "But, it's a trick!" Clint exclaimed, referring to Thor's hammer

"Oh, no. It's much more than that." Thor said.

"Uh, "Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!" Whatever man! It's a trick." Clint continued.

"Well please, be my guest." Thor gestured towards the hammer.

"Really?" Clint asked.

"Yeah!" Thor nodded, knowing full well that Clint wouldn't be able to pick it up.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful." Rhodey commented as Clint stood up.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony joked, and a few others laughed.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint stated, and grasped the hammer, but couldn't lift it, "I still don't know how you do it." He chuckled, giving up.

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony asked.

"Please, Stark, by all means." Clint stood back, and Tony got up.

"Oh, here we go." Natasha sighed, and Luna sunk back in her seat.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony looked at all of them.

"Here we go." Luna dropped her head in her hands.

"It's physics." Tony stated.

"Physics!" Bruce repeated.

Tony grasped the handle, "Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?" He asked.

"Yes, of course." Thor nodded.

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta." Tony said, and tried to lift the hammer, but failed, "I'll be right back." He came back with part of his armor, and tried to life it again, and failed. Then, both Rhodey and Tony both tried to lift the hammer.

"Are you even pulling?" Rhodey asked.

"Are you on my team?" Tony asked.

"Just represent! Pull!" Rhodey exclaimed.

"Alright, let's go!" They both pulled as hard as they could, but failed. Bruce tried to lift the hammer. He roared as he pulled back, trying to change into the Hulk, but failed. Everyone stared at him warily while Natasha only grinned.

"Let's go, Steve, no pressure." Tony reassured him.

"Come on, Cap." Rhodey cheered. Steve started to pull, and managed to budge it a but. Thor looked a little alarmed, but Steve still failed to lift it.