Chapter 14

Serena sat next to me in the back of the room in the right corner. I didn't like drawing attention to myself so the back row always seemed like the way to go (unless the teacher gave us assigned seats). It surprised me a little though since Serena was the exact opposite. She always sat closer to the front. I would call her attention seeking, but she seems to appreciate it more than me.

"Hey, Ash?" Serena said sitting down next to me.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"W-what do you plan to do after school?"

"I don't know. Nothing really. Maybe some job hunting," I considered.

"M-may I spend some time with you after school? Y-you know, for old times sake!"

"Sure! Sounds fun!" I replied. Though, I was slightly confused as to why Serena's cheeks were bright red and why she was stuttering. But before I could ask what was wrong the bell rang and she slipped into the seat next to me as the red on her cheeks gradually faded.

Classes slipped by quickly and once the final bell rang students poured out of their classes. I was excited to get out and hang out with Serena. Plus, I'd had enough of school. I didn't know how I'd survive three years of this.

I walked down the steps outside saw Serena standing there. She had her hands clasped in front of her bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. She smiled her always radiant smile as I made my way to her.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yup?" she replied.

"Where to?"   I ask.

"I don't know. How about..." she put a finger on her chin as she thought. "Maybe the mall?"

I internally groaned. I hated shopping more than anyone could imagine. But I looked up into her cerulean blue eyes as she made a puppy dog eyes tilting her head to the side a little.Somehow, I couldn't say no to that face.

"Fine."

"Yay!!!" she exclaimed. She grabbed my hand and ran ahead, dragging me along. I couldn't help but smile at her excitement.

When we got closer to the shops, she slowed down, panting to catch her breath.

"Don't tell me you're tired already," I teased.

She stuck her tongue out at me in response. I laughed, but I stopped as I saw someone ahead of us, approaching us.

"What is it, Ash?" Serena asked me.

I didn't answer as I watched the figure draw closer. He had long dark hair and a red cap with goggles resting on the brim. He had a dark jacket with long sleeves. 

He stopped in front of us with his head down so I couldn't get a glimpse of his face.

He looked up at me with a malicious grin. His eyes were red and an aura of the same color emanated from his body. The light was so bright that it blinded me before I could tell who this was. I felt like the light was almost choking me. I could hear Serena screaming my name and suddenly...

I woke up.

Happy April Fools!