Chapter 19

Finally! K, here we go

I lie on my bed the two thoughts lingering in my mind.

Was it really a date?

Did I just sneak out to go on a date?!

No, that's not right. I can't sneak out if I wasn't at home right?

My mom is gonna kill me for this!!!

Especially if she finds out who I was with...

Nope! Not even gonna think about it.

I quickly sat up and hopped out of bed and headed to my light brown dresser on the wall across from my bed. I fumbled through the drawers until I dragged out a pair of magenta pajama pants and a similarly colored button up pajama shirt. Out of a different drawer, I grabbed a white towel and wash cloth and carried them into my bathroom which was connected to my bedroom.

The bathroom walls were an extremely light shade of gray while the tub, sink, counter-top, cabinets and toilet were a sparkling pearly white. The mirror hung just above the sink, shining. I set my towel and wash cloth on the counter and look at myself in the mirror. That's when I noticed the blue short sleeved jacket I'd forgotten I was wearing.

Oops. I think as I take the jacket off. I never gave this back to Ash. I'll have to give it to him at school.

I set the jacket on the white counter, feeling my face get warm. But it was a good warm. The kind of warm that fills you when happy memories come to mind. When you remember the good ole days.

Geez, I sound like someone's grandma, don't I?

~~~

I shuddered as a cold night breeze hit me, nearly blowing my red baseball cap off my head. I reached up to my head and pressed the cap down with my right hand and holding the brim of it with my left. After the air settled I brought my hands down to rub my freezing arms. I trudged down the side walk of the Lumiose City streets. The occasional car would ride by, illuminating my surroundings in the dark city, while blinding me for a brief moment. The smells of baking pasteries had been replaced with car exhaust, and the repulsive scent of cigarette smoke.

I'd never understand how people enjoyed destroying their body by blowing puffs of disgusting crap. Never. One of my brothers did it for a while. Honestly they might still be doing it. I haven't got any idea. The four of us don't really keep in touch very much. Yes, there are four of us. Apparently, my mom had to raise us, after I was born, on her own. When me and the youngest of the family, my twin, were born, our dad left the family for good. From what I was told, my parents had a very unstable relationship beforehand though, and would tend to spend a lot of time apart. I think that affected each of us a lot. I think it made my brothers less trusting and more quiet. Strangely enough, I was almost always pretty chatty, energetic, and trusting as a kid while my brothers were all shy, or anti social. I don't know why I was the only one like this. Maybe because I let myself be oblivious to the problems in our lives. Maybe I wanted to seem happy so I could make the rest of my family happier. Maybe I thought acting like that would help me move past those things.

Maybe I just couldn't accept what happened.

Lost in thought, I wandered aimlessly down random side walks. Thoughts floated through my head and disappeared just as quickly as they'd appear. I turned into an alley and leaned against the wall. I slid down it till I was sitting on the cold cement ground. I closed my eyes and took a moment to breath.