love blossom 9

"haan neelamaa! I don't know" Avni looked worried when I entered home.

"Neil agaye" she said watching me at the door and after few hmms she dropped the call. I don't know what she is doing wide awake at this time of night. It's already half past two am. But my forehead was burning and I couldn't concentrate more about her. I immediately hurried undoing my shoe lace while I felt her moving towards me.

"Neil why did you get this late" she was almost shreiking at me which was adding my headache. I frowned at her.

"I have work to do avni" I didn't know weather I sounded rude, but I couldn't help. Her expressions changed and  I know that she is not happy for the way I responded.

"Ohkay never mind! Come and have something" she called with a worried face while I could not stand anymore.

Every frustrated things we're provoking me and I didn't know when my inner turmoil turned into a rage, and the least I expected was to show that on her.

"Can you leave me peaceful for some time" I just shouted at her and left the place with a pace.

I was freaking in front of mortuary for two hours to get a negative report and i don't even know what is the future of this case and she wants me to have dinner.

I need to calm myself before kissing the failure in this case. No matter what! I should stand by my team to cheer them. But who will boost the lost confident in me. The fear of loosing it was bothering me.

I opened the knob of the shower and let the water dip my body. The cold water hit my rough skin which was full of dirt and mud which happened on the attempt of catching the murderer.

"Better catch the case or it will be handed over to CBI!" The commissioner's words for the hard work my team had made in these months irked me. CBI will crack easily because we are almost near. It's only that they will follow our pattern and think something fresh and finish it. But we worked deep in this case not them. I can't let them take credits on what we did. My whole investigation is messing up.

Buts something distracted me. I was feeling very hot under the cold shower. And my eyes were burning. Was that because of the unknown drops that may have left during the shower. I don't know. I just need to lay down. And take a good nap, Before starting afresh tomorrow.

As I came out I saw Avni standing right near the door step and was waiting for someone. Or me to come out. I looked at her and her face was pale. I shouldn't have shouted at her. All she wanted was me to have food, nothing more. But I was too much occupied to think straight.

As I dropped the towel on the sofa she grabbed my wrist and turned me. I looked at her while she tip toed herself to reach my height. She grabbed my collar and pressed her left cheeks over my right one. It took me few ounce of senses to register her actions. After few satisfactory seconds she did the same with my left one with her right cheeks. I was confused with her intentions and could hear her frown.

Parting away she placed her hands over my neck and then my forehead. "Are you having head ache" she asked me in a soft voice.

Had it been any other girl she would have been angry on me for next few days for shouting like this, but she is obviously something which I don't understand from day one. And alas my head was throbbing but I wondered how on Earth did she knew it.

"Yes" I mumbled. Giving up the idea I sat on the bed. Avni looked at me to say something. But I had nothing to say. My hands went to my head and started to rub it roughly. She pulled it away.

"That won't help Neil" she sighed as she sat next to me.

"Bad day" I heard her ask and I nodded silently. "It's ok" I felt her palm rubbing my back. Her arms were arround me.

"Wait here" she said as she made me lie down and vanished off. I closed my eyes trying to concentrate and grab some sleep but I remain unsuccessful until I heard the sound of the door knob. She is back. I opened my eyes to see her with a bowl.

"You should have something before taking tablets" she compelled and I took the bowl silently. After I finished my bowl she gave me the tablets.

"Your skin is burning Neil! Why don't you take care of your health in-between the duty" she added and that's when I realized that she was checking my temperature few minutes before.

"It's complicated avni" I spoke and my voice chocked. I felt bad for shouting at her. But she had no worries about my behavior.

"I wonder why you service man's never think that you guys have a family too. You are same as my father" she mocked me passing the glass of water.

"Sorry" I spoke and felt myself very weak. My body badly needs some rest. Her face changed. She was worried about my reactions. "Should I call the doctor" she suggested seeing my tired eyes.

"Naah just a tight hug and a good nap will do" I joked to ease the moment. She chuckled in response slapping my arms ordering me in bossy tone, "better sleep". Taking the bowl and switching off the light she went away.

I wondered if she really noticed what i just said. I stirred to sleep and finally stayed in a position still taking few shallow carefree breathes.

I felt the door sound again and found that avni is back. I still was in my shallow slumber.
Suddenly I felt the blanket being removed on my side but I stayed still wondering what's happening. On the neck end of the bed the side which I am facing in, I felt a soft hand over my shoulder before laying on the tiny space. I felt my muscles relax and my headache vanishing off as I felt a soft arm tugging in-between my strong arms accessing into my torso and hugging me.

She placed her head on my chest as she laid sideways facing me. I felt her sighing as she holded me tightly. That's when I realized that my muscles were firm on her touch. I eased myself a little and acted like stirring so that I can pull her yet closer.

At that point I don't know weather she caught my acting, but Somewhere I know that she never minds even if I am caught! That day I realised that feelings are mutual.

XXXXXXXXXXX

I didn't promise but updated all my FF's before taking a long leave.

You may get the next update after April 26th or may be inbeween my exam holidays. But I am not promising anything before April 26th.

Do tell me how the update was. Sorry for not replying the comments as I don't have Wattpad in my mobile now. And using pc for the updates. Will reply soon after 26th but don't forget to shower your love through the comments.

Silent readers! It really Hurts seeing the responses. Please do vote and comment your opinions!

Much love,
Prinku 💖