Chapter 6 - Walk With Me

Laynes POV:

I was so excited. Jerry was gonna take me out today- our first little date.

"Where are we going?" I asked Jerry.

"Its a surprise." He said, smirking at me as he grabbed a few waters, and beers.

"Ugh please?" I asked, giving him puppy eyes.

He walked over to me and ruffled my curls. "Although it's cute, the puppy dog eyes wont work on me." He walked past me, and headed for the door.

I turned around and followed him. "You're so mean." I told him.

"So I've been told." He said, chuckling at me.

We both got into the car, then Jerry drove us to some diner.

"Oooo a food date?" I asked him, as I peered out the window at the building.

"Mhm." Jerry said, as he went around the car, and opened my door.

We walked in, sat down, and ordered our food. About 10 minutes later, the waitress came with our meals. I got a spicy chicken sandwich, and Jerry got a hamburger with all kinds of shit on it.

"Hows your food?" Jerry asked me, as I went in for my second bite.

"Good. Yours?" I asked him.

"Good. Here, try." He said, holding out his burger. I dont know how I was even gonna be able to take a bite. The thing was huge. I opened my mouth as wide as I could, and took a bite out of the burger. I put my hand over my mouth, catching the bits and pieces that fell out.

Jerry looked over at me and laughed. "Is it really that hard to put something that big in your mouth?"

I shrugged my shoulders, and continued to chew.

"I hope not, or else you're gonna have troubles." He said, still laughing.

"Oh shut up Mr. Cocky." I told him, as I threw the pieces of the burger toppings that fell into my hand at him.

"Mr-- cocky?" He asked, smirking at me, as he took the pieces of food I threw at him, and put them in his mouth.

I rolled my eyes at him, then we both laughed. Then we finished our food, and got in the car.

"Where to now?" I asked Jerry, as he started the car.

"Kurt's. Kurt said him and Courtney got into fight, and no one else will come over- cause they don't want to see Courtney.. so he asked if we can. And I said we can." Jerry told me.

"We can?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Oh come on Layne. You know that Courtney's. Colossal bitch.. and you know how sensitive Kurt is- he needs us. Okay?"

"Alright. Yeah, you're right."

"Hey-" Jerry said, as he leaned over, and pushed back my curls. "We can finish the date when we get home okay? Our own little 'night in'."

"Okay." I told him, before we shared a light kiss.

"Good."

About 5 minutes later, we made it to Kurt's house. Jerry went up, and knocked on the door. Then Courtney answered. Her hair was messed up- like usual, and the dress she had on looked really un-neat.

With an eye roll, Courtney called back to Kurt. "Kurtyyy! Your friends. Are here!"

Jerry smiled at her again, and pushed past Courtney, and I followed. We walked in, the place was a mess. Not like a "they're just dirty people" kind of mess, but a "stuff's been thrown around." Kind of mess. Kurt was sitting on the kitchen floor, with his knees pulled up, and a glass of water beside him. He looked really upset.