Chapter 9- The Day After

Jerry POV:
*Trigger warning: fighting*

I woke up with Layne arms tightly wrapped around me, his long curls covering his face, and some of my chest. I pushed them gently out of the way, letting him continue his sleep.

Hes so precious. I thought to myself, watching as he rested peacefully. He really was though. I cant believe I haven't fucked this relationship up yet. I knew I shouldn't think that way.. but I've fucked up almost every relationship I've ever been in. I wasn't gonna let this one be a fuck up, Layne doesn't deserve it. I said to myself.

A moment later, I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said quietly, so I wouldnt wake up Layne.

The door was slowly pushed open- it was Dave.
"Oh sorry I-" Dave began.

"Its fine Dave." I told him. "Just, dont talk too loud." I whispered to him, while holding a finger up to my lips.

He nodded and smiled, "You two are so cute!" Dave excitedly whispered.

I smiled back, and told him 'thank you.'

"I just came in to tell you that uhm- well- c-courtneys threatening to, ya know, beat the living shit out of me. She's seriously jealous. I wanted to let you know that I'm gonna go ahead and head out. I uh- dont want to disturb by Courtney possibly finding me and Kurt here." Dave explained.

"What?" I said with a confused look. "No-no Dave. Stay. Seriously. I'd rather the bitch come here and try and fight you when you have backup, rather than her find you out on the damn street alone. No doubting she'll look. Plus, its probably all talk. What's Kurt doing?" I asked.

"O-okay. And hes sleeping." He told me.

"You two sleep good in there?"

Dave blushed, and said, "Yea, never knew Kurt was a cuddly person."

I couldnt help but smile. Even I loved seeing Kurt happy. Dave too. We all found someone. Its amazing.

With a chuckle, I said, "Yea. Might be good to go in there and let the man cuddle you. He needs it."

Dave nodded, and went to open the door to leave.

"Dave."

"Yea Jerry?"

"Dont tell Kurt. Okay? I dont want to worry him. Who knows- she might not even show up. Dont wanna worry him for nothing."

"Okay. I promise." Dave said, as he walked out, shutting the door lightly.

"I heard all of that." Layne said, in a sleepy, drowsy voice.

I jumped a little, and said, "Fuck Layne. Didnt even know you were awake."

He kept his head on my chest, his eyes closed, and with a giggle he said, "Sorry Jer. You think Courtney will show up?"

"I dont know. But if she does, I'll kick her ass."

"No Jer, you cant do that unless she hits you first."  Layne said, laughing a little.

"You're right. Okay then- if she bursts through my door, and threatens to fight anyone, or actually does, I'll punch her in her lipstick smeared face." I said, laughing back. "Especially if her hands land on, or near you."

"Ooo, I like protective Jerry. Its hot." Layne said, finally opening his eyes, and looking up at me.

"Oh really?" I asked, smirking at him.

"Mhm. I do."

"Good to know."

We laid there cuddling for a bit longer, then decided we'd get up. We walked into the kitchen, and saw Kurt sitting on the couch, Dave next to him, they were even holding hands. Kurt and Dave were nice company. Sure Dave could get a little loud if you were goofing off with him, but it's never an issue cause he knew when to tone it down. And Kurt was always real quiet. Never bothered anyone. He never wanted to.