Chapter 2- The Waters Still Warm

A/N: This Chapter contains small love stories from each character, while still focusing on Jerry and Layne.

Jerrys POV:

It was around 8 P.M. when we pulled up. We got out of the car, and headed towards the crowd. Layne was on the phone with Mike Starr, asking him if hed make it, and I think hes gonna.

Everyone was there. Kurt was sitting by Dave on the sand, and they were talking, just the two of them. Eddie and Stone were sitting on the ground too, Eddie had his arm around Stone, and across from them, sat Jeff and McCready. They were all talking about their band, Pearl Jam I'd assume. And Chris and Susan were sitting near the fire, showing off PDA.

"Mike said he'll be here in like 20 minutes." Layne said to me.

"Alright." I said.

As we approached the small crowd, they all said "Hi."

"What's up guys?" Jeff asked.

"Not much man, you?" I asked him.

"Drinking. Hanging out. Hey man, you guys wanna roast s'mores?" He asked, as he threw me a package of marshmallows.

Jeff was always so excited about the most simple things- the man could make picking up dog shit a fun game if he tried. But we all loved that about him. Him and Sean were kinda the same way, two fucking weirdos that made everyone smile.

"Sure." I said, as I handed the bag to Layne. We all sat and made s'mores, before it got too dark.

And as expected- soon after, Eddie asked, "Hey, you guys wanna go swim?" His face lit up. (As it did everytime you mentioned the beach, or the Ocean.)

"Ugh Eddd." Stone whined, "Its getting dark, and the waters coldddd!"

"Oh c'mon! That's what the bonfires there for. To warm up later." Eddie told him.

Stone rolled his eyes, and cuddled back up to Eddie.

"I'll go." I told the crowd.

"If you're going, I'll go." Layne followed.

"Me and Kurt can go swim." Dave called out. "Right Kurt?" Dave said, with the big smile that showed his teeth- that he always had.

Kurt shrugged his shoulders, "I guess." Kurt was always kinda self conscious..so we could expect him to swim with his t-shirt on.

Jeff and Mccready looked at eachother, and in unison said, "We'll swim."

"Okay then. We'll all go swimming then." Eddie said. Stone slugishly stood up, and walked with Eddie towards the beach. Then Kurt and Dave, Jeff and Mccready, then me and Layne.

Chris and Susan weren't really paying attention, but soon after realized we all went to swim, and followed us all.

We were all in one big group, fucking around in the water.

I went over to Layne, who was swimming with Dave, Chris, and Eddie, and said, "Layne, get on my shloulders."

He looked at me a bit shocked. "Huh? Nononono I cant." He told me.

"Come on Layne, dont be a pussy."

He shot me a playful glare, then said, "I am not."

I smirked at him, and crouched down in the water. "Then get on my shoulders."

He looked around at everyone, who was then minding their own business, then slowly came over to me. "How?" He asked.

"Here-" I said. I grabbed his hands, and put them on my shoulders. "Now put your feet on my hips, and push yourself up."