Bulletproof

It had been some time since Emily's date. She was still going strong with Benji. They had made it official two days before. Beca was glad he hadn't broken her heart, but at the same time it was her little sister. Stacie and Aubrey had made it official after the third date. Beca and Chloe had lost count of how many times have caught them when things were getting heated. And Beca's birthday came and passed, she was now twenty-nine years old, but still in her nineteen-year-old body.

Bella's practice was going okay. They weren't doing anything wow, but it was entertaining to see Aubrey and Beca fight. Regionals was coming soon, and Aubrey had started doubling down on everyone.

Which was where they came from. Chloe had been starving, so she dragged Beca to her favorite diner. Emily was going to watch a movie with Benji, and Aubrey and Stacie wanted to spend some time together.

They sat at the booth at the end of the place. Chloe almost always ordered a burger and fries to share with Beca. As a vampire, Beca didn't need to eat, but she still did sometimes, especially when she went out with Chloe.

Beca watched as Chloe looked at the menu. She watched her facial features change as she found something she didn't like in certain foods.

"What?" Chloe asked, looking up at the vampire.

Beca shook her head. "Just watching you even though I know you are going to order a cheeseburger with extra lettuce and you want the cheese on the bottom. You want the bread slightly toasted. You want seasoning on the fries, and you want the condiments on the side so you can put however you want on the burger because it all depends on the day. You want a coke with ice, but you like to have enough ice to cover the top, but nothing more than that because it means less soda to actually drink. Am I right?"

Chloe just stared at Beca with her mouth slightly opened. She shook her head, a small grin growing on her face. She nodded her head and placed the menu down.

"Do you have any plans for Thanksgiving?"

Beca opened her mouth to answer when a waitress appeared. She asked them what they wanted to order. Beca smiled at Chloe before telling her the order.

The waitress nodded her head, writing it all down. She looked at her customers for the first time.

"And for you?" She asked, a hint of seduction in her voice.

Beca frowned, she shook her head. "I'm good, thank you."

The waitress, Grace as written on her name tag, leaned forward, pushing her breasts forward. "Are you sure? Is there anything you want?"

Beca's eyes widened, as her eyes shifted from Grace's eyes to breasts and then back.

"I, um, I'm fine."

"If you're sure."

"I am."

The waitress gave her a small pout and headed towards the kitchen to give them their

order. The second she was gone, Beca looked at Chloe, who was staring at the waitress with a frown on her face.

"Are you okay?" Beca asked, wondering what was going on in her head.

-

"Are you okay?" Beca asked, taking her out of her head. She turned back to Beca, who had an amused look on her face.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine."

"Were you jealous?" Beca teased.

"What? Me? No!"

Beca laughed and shook her head. She shook her head.

"So Thanksgiving break?" Chloe asked, wanting to change the subject.