The Sign

Regionals was right after Thanksgiving. They all had to prepare for it, and there was no time for anything else. Aubrey needed everything to be perfect. They were all on the van, headed to the event, regionals.

Beca hadn't seen Jesse since Thanksgiving had finished. She had wanted to talk to him. She also hadn't been able to speak to Chloe about being mates. Not with Aubrey controlling everyone's lives.

Beca also hadn't spoken to Stacie nor Aubrey. Stacie was always asking for forgiveness, but Beca wasn't giving it to her. Because of what they did, Beca didn't get any sleep at all.

Beca pulled at her scarf, not liking the way if felt against her neck. She glared at the back of Aubrey's head. She wished she didn't have to wear what she was wearing.

The van came to a stop, and Fat Amy got off the put gas in the car. Beca chose that moment to move and sit in front of the van. She didn't really enjoy being in the moving vehicle. She soon heard a shout, and everyone ran out. They found Fat Amy's robes covered in food. They all walked back to the van after hearing what had happened and helped the mummy clean up.

Once that was done and over with, Fat Amy turned the van on and they started their way to Regionals.

"Is it hard to get cleaned?" Emily asked from behind Fat Amy.

"Not hard. But it does fuel my fire," Fat Amy said. Beca could see her grip tighten.

"...I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan" she heard Chloe start to sing. Beca rolled her eyes in good nature, and sat back.

Cynthia Rose soon joined in. "Welcome to the land of fame excess"

"Woah" Fat Amy sang.

"Am I gonna fit in?" the three sang.

Soon after, everyone joined in. "Jumped in the cab / Here I am for the first time / Look to my right / and I see the Hollywood sigh / This is all so crazy / Everyone seems so famous"

Beca sighed, and closed her eyes. She could hear everyone getting louder and louder, as well as closer and closer. She opened her eyes and saw everyone staring at her.

"...And a Jay-Z song was on! / and the Jay-Z song was on!"

There was a moment of silence, before Beca decided to join in. "So I put my hands up / They're playing my song / And the butterflys fly away / Noddin' my head like, yeah moving my hips like, yeah / And I got my hands up / They're playing my song I know I'm gonna be okay / Yeah, it's a party in the USA! / Yeah, it's a party in the USA!"

The van suddenly stops.

"What the hell?" Aubrey asked as she stood up.

"It, uh, it seems like we are out of gas," Fat Amy said.

Aubrey let out an exaggerated sigh, as she tossed her head back. "All you had to do was put gas in the damn tank!"

"Sorry I was attacked by flying Mexican food," Fat Amy huffed, rolling her eyes.

"How are we going to get to Regionals now?"

"I, uh, I have Bumper's number." the mummy said.

Beca grinned as she watched Aubrey tense up. She slowly turned to look at Fat Amy. "And why do you have Bumper's number?"

"Well, uh, you see," Fat Amy muttered as she tried to think of something to say.

"Just call him," Chloe said from her seat.

Fat Amy called Bumper, and they told her that they were going to turn around. It wasn't long before the girls were climbing in the van. Beca watched as everyone took their seats. Her eyes shifted to Jesse, who wouldn't look at her. He seemed to be avoiding her eyes. Beca knew that he knew. She knew that he knew what his family had done to her and her mother. She clenched her teeth, as she tried to stop herself from confronting him. She was going to do it, but not in front of everyone.