Keep Your Head Up

Falling asleep was okay. Falling asleep didn't hurt. Falling asleep was peaceful. Waking up was hell. Waking up hurt. Waking up made her regret everything. But she couldn't. She couldn't regret what she did because it would mean she'd wish Emily was dying instead, and that was not the case.

She had fallen asleep on the couch. After her fight with Chloe, she didn't have the energy to go home. She also didn't want to leave knowing Emily was in the house. She hadn't had the chance to check on her sister. But because she felt horrible, she knew it had worked.

All of her muscles hurt. Her head was pounding. Breathing felt like it was taking a lot of effort. Her mind was cloudy, and she could go back to sleep. She was tired, and just thinking made her tired.

"I know you're awake," she heard someone say.

She opened her eyes to see her sister standing over her. Beca gave her a small smile. "Hey."

"Don't 'hey' me. Why the hell would you do that?" Emily snapped, glaring at her.

"Please don't scream at me. I already had Chloe doing that. I don't even know if we are still together," Beca muttered, pushing herself up. She could feel her body screaming at her to lie back down. But she knew had to prove that she was not bothered. That she could deal with it.

"Don't be stupid," she heard another voice from the kitchen area. Beca looked over to see Chloe watching her with a cup of coffee in her hands. "I'm angry with you. I want to scream and hit you. But I love you. And you are stuck with me until I stop loving you."

"But I'm going to—"

"Beca?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

Chloe walked up to her and pecked her lips. Beca leaned into it, loving the way the witch's lips felt against hers. She didn't know if it was going to be the last time, and wanted to cherish the moment. Beca fell back against the couch and stared at the women standing over her.

"How are you feeling?" Chloe asked, worry in her voice. Beca couldn't hear the anger anymore. She knew that the worry had won the anger.

"I'm okay."

Chloe glared at her. "The truth. I did research. As the third day, you should be feeling horrible."

"Third day?" Emily asked, her voice a whisper. Her eyes were wide as she looked down at her sister. "B-But you got infected yesterday. How, how can it just be three days? That doesn't make sense?"

"Since I was poisoned before, I get less time," she told Emily, before turning to Chloe, "I feel fine."

"Then meet me in the kitchen," Chloe said, walking to the designated location. "Don't help her Emily."

Beca looked after her, and took a deep breath. She pushed herself up, and did her best to keep from showing her pain.

She reaches the kitchen and falls back on the seat. She watches Chloe prepare a cup of warm blood and place it in front of her. Beca stares at it, feeling her stomach churn. She couldn't hold it in, and everything in her stomach was soon splattered all over the ground.

Chloe rushed up to Beca and pulled her close. "You're burning up."

"I'm fine," Beca said, feeling dazed.

Chloe and Emily each grabbed an arm and carried her to the couch. Chloe rushed to get a towel and placed it on Beca's forehead.

"I'm fine," Beca repeated, feeling herself losing her grip. "'m fine." Soon, she was out.