When I'm Gone

To say Stacie was disappointed was an understatement. They weren't able to find anything new. Nothing they hadn't known before. Really, it was just a waste of time and that didn't bode well with Stacie. She did not like to have her time wasted, especially when her best friend's life was on the line. No, they had to find it, and it had to be fast.

The apartment was silent when they arrived. Beca was probably still asleep, and Emily was at her parents with Benji. Chloe told them she was going to be with Beca. They watched her leave. Aubrey turned to Stacie, a frown on her face.

"I was so sure we'd find something."

"This sucks," Aubrey muttered, sitting on the couch. Stacie moved to sit next to her. She suddenly froze. Stacie watched as Aubrey took deep breaths. "Someone was here."

Stacie stood up, her heart beating against her ears. Who broke into the apartment? What did they want?

Chloe ran to the living room, her eyes wide. "Beca is gone!"

-

"Wh-what do you want from me?" Beca asked, her eyes barely opened. There were three wolves in front of her, two males and a female.

"We want you gone," the leader said, a smirk on his face. He stood in front of a table filled with sharp items. There was a bucket of water next to them. Well, Beca assumed it was water. It was a clear liquid.

"Why? I, I didn't do anything to you." Beca felt weak, weaker than she had ever felt. Her arms felt like they were going to fall off.

The leader grabbed a knife. "Well, you see. A psychic told me that you would be the reason we would lose our power. I cannot allow that to happen. For me to live, you would have to die."

"Wh-why would I do that? I-I don't, I don't even know you."

"Because all you monsters are the same," the man snapped.

Beca could feel herself start to black out. Her eyes were almost closed when she felt a sharp pain in her side. She gasped, as she looked down, to see the knife he had been holding in her side.

"I can't have you falling asleep."

Beca winced as he slid the knife out. She let out a small whimper. She bit her lip to keep from crying out.

"Can this knife kill you?" he asked. When he got no response, he decided to use the knife again. Beca couldn't keep the scream inside. He twisted the knife after every syllable. "Can. This. Knife. Kill. You?"

"No! It can't! Just stop!" Beca shouted, feeling the pain.

"This is for our own good," he said, taking the knife out. He moved the knife up in front of Beca's face. It was covered in a red substance. "It's red, as if you bleed. You're just a monster."

Beca hung there, panting. She looked at her red venom. Vampires didn't have blood in their veins. They had venom. It was a red substance instead of the clear liquid that came out of their teeth. Other creatures said it was red because touching it burnt werewolves. Others said that it was to make one think it was blood. All they knew was that it was red, it was venom, and it was inside the body.

She let her head fall back. Her eyes stayed on her chained wrists. "Stop. Please," Beca begged, her voice hoarse from the screaming.

She heard a laughter and people walked out of the room. She sighed, and let her head fall forward when she heard the door slam shut. She cried as she hung from the ceiling, wishing for someone to help her.

-

Aubrey watched as Chloe paced in front of everyone. They had just found out Beca was missing, and no one knew who took her. All Aubrey knew was that someone broke in and took her. And by the scent, she knew it was a werewolf, and that scared her.