Human

Chloe rubbed a wet cloth over Beca's face, while the vampire stared off into space. Chloe had wondered if vampires could go into shock, and assumed that was it was. Chloe had cleaned the girl up, wiped away any blood and changed her clothing with her magic. She didn't want her girlfriend to sit in anything that would remind her of what had happened.

The full vampire was still stunned over the death of Jesse. She hadn't muttered a single word, a dazed look on her face. Chloe, Stacie and Emily had tried to break her out of her head, but the vampire was lost. And Chloe couldn't blame her. From the look of things, she knew Beca had seen the death of the werewolf. She had seen him die.

Chloe wasn't sure what had really happened, but she knew that Jesse had tried to help Beca. He cared for her, and he died trying to save her. And Chloe wondered about the guilt. How much more could Beca take before it became too much? She had to live with the death of her mother, and now the death of a friend.

Chloe sat down next to her girlfriend and grabbed her hand. "You're safe. You're going to be okay."

"Jesse's dead, and it's all my fault," Beca said in a small voice.

The witch didn't say anything. She just pulled Beca into her arms and held her. She made sure the vampire's head was over her chest, listening to the heartbeat. Beca relaxed a little.

"You aren't alone," Chloe whispered, running her hand through the vampire's hair. "You aren't going to be alone."

-

Beca struggle against the chains holding her back while she watched Jesse's father pull the young werewolf's head back, exposing his neck. "No! Please, don't do this! Please!" The older werewolf placed the knife on Jesse's neck and smiled at her. "Don't hurt him. Kill me! Please leave him alone!"

"Just remember, this is your fault."

Jesse looked into Beca's eyes and gave her a small smile. "It's okay Beca. It's okay." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, prepared for what was about to happen.

"No! Jesse!" She screamed, watching as he sliced open Jesse's neck. The blood poured out, and Jesse's body fell forward.. "Jesse! No!"

Beca jerked, having fallen asleep. She didn't remember the last time she slept, and she didn't know if she wanted to do that again. She felt so weak, so tired, so hurt. She had never felt so exhausted as a vampire. She didn't even know if it was possible. All she knew was that she was tired.

Tired of hurting. Tired of losing people. Tired of everything. She was just tired.

Beca sat on the couch, thinking of the last few days, before tensing up. After the kidnapping she had forgotten about the poisoning. She was so consumed with the thought that she was going to die in the hands of James, she forgot about the real reason she was still going to die.

She pushed herself up. She needed to contact her father, and fast. She couldn't leave him without saying goodbye.

-

Beca breathed deeply, feeling all the tension of the last few days. She watched as Emily paced in front of her.

"He should be here," she muttered, her hand running through her hair. Her eyes shining with unshed tears. She looked ready to panic. "What's keeping him?" Before Beca could tell her anything, the young halfling's phone started to ring. She quickly grabbed her phone and looked at the contact. "It's mom." She answered her phone. "Where's dad? Beca's home." The smile on the girl's face started to leave her face, as she turned to look at Beca. The older vampire pushed herself up, "Please tell me that's not true." Tears started to stream down Emily's face.