~°•~°☆ XXIV ☆°~•°~

thank you so much for 5k 💚💚

and sorry this is pretty late, school is killing me-

also, this book might be coming to an end soon :'(

☆~°•~°☆~°•☆°~•°~☆

Jaemin's POV

Oh my god. Renjun likes me, Renjun likes me, Renjun likes me...

I stared at him in shock after what he had admitted, I still couldn't wrap my head around it. "You...do?"

Renjun giggled, which had made my heart skip a beat. "Yes, I do. Why is it so hard for you to believe?"

I sighed. "Because I've liked you since we were twelve..."

Renjun gasped. "Are you serious?"

I nodded, slightly amused by Renjun's shocked expression.

"And I never realized?"

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah, you're pretty dense if you ask me."

Renjun didn't laugh at my joke, but frowned instead, causing me to be worried. "Now I feel like such a jerk..."

"What?! Why?!" I panicked. "It's fine that you never realized. It's not like I made it so obvious—"

"No," Renjun cut me off as he looked up at me with his eyes glossy. "I'm so sorry for ranting about Jeno even though you liked me, I'm sorry I was so dense. You must've been having a really hard time knowing that your crush likes someone else..."

I laughed bitterly. "Yeah, it's not the best feeling in the world..."

This caused Renjun to look even sadder causing me to panic even more. "B-but it was okay, I got through it. You don't have to feel bad for me anymore!"

Renjun sniffled, I realized the older had started to cry. "But I...I hurt y-you..."

My eyes softened as I ruffled Renjun's hair. "Yeah, you did, but that was then. Now, you saying you return my feelings makes me the happiest person alive." I smiled.

Renjun looked up at me with teary eyes and I took that as an opportunity to wipe his tears away with my thumb. "You don't have to feel bad for me anymore, okay? I'm fine now and I'm happy because of you."

Renjun wiped away the rest of his tears with his sleeve before smiling at me. "Thanks, Jaemin."

I smiled back at him. "You're wel-"

I then felt soft lips press against my cheek before Renjun got up and ran away. I touched my cheek as I tried to process what just happened.

Did Renjun just...kiss me?

"W-wait! Renjun!" I said as I ran after Renjun as he was running away from me while hysterically laughing, causing me to smile as well.