♕|17. Birthmark

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔

☾𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔

A/N- Sorry this is a bit of a filler chapter. I've been super stressed with my exams being in a couple weeks, I should really be revising but I've been staring at this all day and couldn't help but start writing haha.

I can't believe this book has almost 10K reads, it's honestly crazy. Thank you so much to everybody reading this it really truly does mean a lot!

Kenna stomped sluggishly through the twigs and leaves beneath her feet, a loud groan erupting from her mouth.

"Hayley, I'm coming to check up on you," She called through her phone, looking around slowly at the unfamiliar woods, "that's if I can find you in this god damn maze." She purses her lips.

A grateful sigh could be heard clearly from the other end of the phone accompanied but a small chuckle, "thank god, his not doing good Kenna, his starting to hallucinate." Hayley informed raising her concerns.

"I'll see if there's anything I could do when I get there," Kenna rubbed her temples slightly walking towards the old shack "giving the absence of Klaus' morality I'm sure anything will help him."

She hung up the phone as Hayley pulled her into a tight embrace, a small smile crawled onto Kenna's face. She never anticipated growing so attached the the pregnant wolf, she was always a Lone Ranger who cared for only herself. In a world so cold and cruel she often wondered why she felt so warm around these people she had only known a short time.

"How's the baby?" Kenna interrogated, placing a hand on Hayley's stomach.

"Restless, but I guess that's gonna guaranteed when dealing with a crazy original." She responded referring to Elijah.

Kenna averted her gaze to the small shack, a muffled whine echoed through the woods.

Kenna followed Hayley into the shack. Elijah's eyes carelessly glazed over the witch, sweat dripping tirelessly down the originals face.

"Hey Elijah..." Kenna smile sympathetically as she knelt down beside him.

Hayley held Elijah's hand in a means of comfort while Kenna placed the back of her hand against his forehead.

She suddenly recoiled her hand from him, hissing slightly.

"His fever is sky rocketing, his lucky his an original or else he'd be long dead by now," Kenna muttered ringing a cloth with cold water and handing it to Hayley, "hold this against his head."

Hayley quickly obliges dabbing the wet cloth over his face.

"I don't know if this is gonna work but it's worth a try." Kenna wipes the sweat from her forehead before pulling a chair up alongside the original, placing a hand softly on his head she closed her eyes and began to chant.