Chapter 7 A New Rumor

MapleShade yawned as PatchPaw walked with her to the next gathering.  When she padded in, OakStar's mouth dropped, and SweetBriar growled her way. MapleShade flicked her tail and threw a insulting/I'm back look to the two. BeeTail looked to her and gasped. Seems OakStar found out MapleShade killed FreckleWish, AppleDusk, and ReedShine.  MapleShade sat where the deputies sit, OakStar shocked when he saw this. PatchPaw sat with other apprentices. NettlePaw lifted a cat-brow. PatchPaw waved his tail, ''Hi! I'm PatchPaw!'' He smiled. MapleShade hushed him with the flick of her tail. NettlePaw leaned over and whispered, ''I'm NettlePaw..'' Before turning away. ''Shall the gathering begin!'' OakStar yowled. Every cat hushed while the leaders of Windclan and ShadowClan finished their news.  OakStar nodded. ''Thunderclan is well, much prey, good health.'' OakStar flicked his tail to DarkStar. ''For our loss of our past deputy, and MapleShade joining our clan, MapleShade became deputy along with her apprentice, PatchPaw. Other then that, prey is wealthy and cats are fine.''  ''Then our gathering is over! You all are allowed to talk for a bit, then we leave when your clans says.'' OakStar mewed after DarkStar finished. MapleShade padded up to PatchPaw, who was talking to NettlePaw about apprentice training. ''Oh! Trust me you'll love battle training if your mentor has been in at lest two battles! Then they know how to tear a cat apart!'' NettlePaw smiled. ''My mentor was a rogue and fought off two badgers! She even  won five battles!'' PatchPaw smiled. NettlePaw gasped, his eyes shining. ''Oh nice! You're SO lucky! My mentor, DeerDapple, hasn't been in a battle-battle. He's been in little ones though, over ShadowClan going into territory.'' PatchPaw nodded. Speaking of DeerDapple, called over NettlePaw. ''Oh- I think Thunderclan is going.'' NettlePaw seems upset. ''I'll see you next gathering!'' PatchPaw stopped him, and whispered, ''How about we meet at Sunning Rocks next morning? I'll possibly be on a patrol with MapleShade.'' NettlePaw nodded, ''Great idea!'' He whispered a little too loudly and padded off to DeerDapple. PatchPaw went over to MapleShade. ''Hey is Riverclan leaving now?'' MapleShade nodded, and PatchPaw groaned. ''Well, I met a apprentice today!''. MapleShade smiled, ''That was NettlePaw, from Thunderclan.'' PatchPaw gasped, then remembered she was a former Thunderclan cat.  MapleShade flicked her tail for PatchPaw to follow her through the forest. The next morning, MapleShade poked PatchPaw awake. ''C'mon, we're going on a patrol.'' She mewed. ''This who..?'' He mumbled, getting up. ''No one, just us, kind of like training but it's a dawn patrol.'' MapleShade groomed her paw. ''Get used to this life, Myler, I know Roger treated us good, but we could've never had this if you didn't join.'' PatchPaw sighed, getting up. He soon remembered he be meeting NettlePaw. ''Alright, lets go!'' He darted out of the yew bush den. When they were out, MapleShade meowed, ''I'll be by the river, you can patrol around Sunning Rocks.'' Myler whispered, ''Yes, Sunning Rocks!'' Only loud enough for him to here and rushed over there. He was NettlePaw emerging through some bushes and hopped down. ''Sorry I'm late, DeerDapple didn't let me go anywhere alone!'' NettlePaw complained. PatchPaw chuckled, ''Yeah, I'm lucky MapleShade told me I could go!'' NettlePaw hopped over to the middle rock, so did PatchPaw. PatchPaw and NettlePaw went on talking about more apprentice training. ''DeerDapple said I'll be a warrior soon! If I get more mature.'' NettlePaw seems cheerful until he reached the end sentence. ''That's great! You just got to at serious about everything! Just not to serious.'' PatchPaw added. PatchPaw's ears perked. ''MapleShade's coming! Hide in a bush or behind a rock!'' NettlePaw did as told and hid behind a large rock. MapleShade padded over with two fish. ''Let's do some hunting. So why not train?'' PatchPaw mewed, ''Hey, I was talking to NettlePaw, can he join?'' MapleShade thought for a moment then nodded, ''He must come to the side stream though.'' PatchPaw smiled and signaled for NettlePaw to come out.  NettlePaw padded over and followed them to the side stream. ''If a cat finds us, I'll tell them we were lecturing you and was going to chase you out of territory. '' MapleShade said when they arrived. ''Okay, are we battle training?'' NettlePaw asked, MapleShade shook her head. ''I'll teach you both how to catch a fish.'' MapleShade didn't know how to fully, she was only taught a bit by AppleDusk how to fish and swim.