Chapter 16 A End (REWRITTEN)

MapleStar growled, leaping on Oakstar. ''Goodbye Oakstar!'' She smiled before slashing his neck. Doefeather darted over and kicked MapleStar off the tom, pinning her. She sliced MapleStar's stomach. MapleStar yowled. The battle ended and MapleStar was being dragged by PatchClaw. ''Hurry! We can't lose her!'' Milkfur panicked. PatchClaw finally brought MapleStar to the medicine cat den, her organs spilling out of her. ''Oh no!'' PatchClaw cried. ''She has a kit to raise! Save her for Starclan's sake!'' He growled. ''I'll try!'' Milkfur shuttered. MapleStar shook her head. ''No..it's my time...take care of ShadowKit..'' MapleStar sighed. ''No...no...''PatchClaw refused, digging his muzzle into her chest fur. ''Not yet, Maple Syrup! Not yet!'' He cried. ''I love you Myler..'' She smiled, closing her eyes. ''I love you too...Maple Syrup..'' He sobbed. MapleStar fell into a deep sleep she never woke from.

''Starclan?'' She cried out. ''Are you there?'' MapleStar yowled again. ''Mapleshade..'' A voice whispered. ''MapleStar-'' MapleStar was going to correct the cat, but that name suited her better. ''What do you want?'' She then growled. ''Where are the stars?'' She questioned. ''This is no Starclan...forever it will never have light from a single star.'' The voice snickered. ''What do you mean?!'' She gasped. ''You will walk forever, Mapleshade, but this isn't the end of you...you will grow stronger.'' The voice disappeared. 

Why did it all have to end?