Chapter 5 Kitty Paws Games

MapleShade remembered, the Kitty Paws Games! Wasn't it a couple moons ago? MapleShade was strangely confused. She saw Roger walk over. Okay, today must be the day.  Roger brought her into a monster and drove her to a weird place. It was a brick house, with wired fence. Roger opened the door and picked her up. He brought her in the house and MapleShade gasped. It was covered in old blood stains. Really?! Twolegs bring their cats here to fight?!  Roger put MapleShade down in a crate and sat in a chair. After a two-hour long nap, MapleShade was throne in the ring. She saw a big, white tom with black patches. He was heavily scarred. There was a twoleg that screeched something and the tom leapt on her. MapleShade bit his neck and threw him to the ground. His face seemed surprised. MapleShade was kicked off, put she spun around before the tom got to her. She jumped on his back and bit his spinal cord. He yelped and fell to the ground. He was dead, MapleShade broke his spine. MapleShade panted, covered in blood. The tom's body was dragged out and a gray she-cat was in the ring. She jumped above MapleShade, and she sliced the she-cat's stomach open. Just like AppleDusk... Some twolegs started slamming green paper on a wooden table, yowling and screeching. Then when it was over, a huge, big, tom with massive claws was in the ring. He was stripped. He stopped growling and stared at MapleShade. MapleShade stared back. ''MapleShade?'' He titled his head. ''Yes...?'' She seemed confused. ''It's MidgeFur!" MapleShade was shocked. ''I-I'm sorry...I'm the campion...I have to do this...''He sighed. MapleShade understood. The twoleg screeched and MidgeFur bit MapleShade's neck. MapleShade pushed him off, slashing his throat. He choked out some non-sense and flopped over. Some twolegs from a tiny group groaned in annoyance. Others smiled and took the green paper. Roger yelped something and picked up MapleShade. The twolegs were screeching at him while he dragged MapleShade out. MapleShade was better by time they were home. Myler looked over to her and gasped. ''Hey! Did you win?'' He muzzled her. ''I guess so.'' She yawned. Roger put turkey in their food bowls, but gave MapleShade more. When they finished he cleaned the bowls and filled them with water, like usual. When they finished, MapleShade and Myler hopped on a cotton square Roger set down. It was very nice, and wasn't strawy. Myler and MapleShade huddled close. It was cold that night in the barn, and MapleShade seemed extra tired.