Chapter 8 Changing Hearts

''No NettlePaw! You don't do that, you'll scare the fish away!'' MapleShade mewed. PatchPaw nudged NettlePaw, ''S-Sorry!'' NettlePaw shuttered. ''Now, you wait until you see a fish, then, with your claws unsheathed, swipe at it.'' MapleShade did as she said, catching a fish perfectly. ''Alright!'' NettlePaw said and did as he was ordered, he almost missed the fish, but he was lucky enough to catch it. ''Nice.'' MapleShade raised her chin. PatchPaw smiled, ''Let me try!'' and he did the same. He missed. NettlePaw chuckled. ''C'mon!'' PatchPaw huffed. ''Now, you don't do it so hard and make such a big splash.'' MapleShade padded next to him. PatchPaw nodded and tried again. He caught  the fish. ''Great!'' MapleShade purred. PatchPaw puffed out his chest proudly. ''Now, lets try swimming.'' MapleShade mewed. ''Now, when you get in the water, paddle your front paws strongly, and your hind legs steadily'' MapleShade jumped in the water, doing as she said. PatchPaw jumped in and swam perfectly. NettlePaw jumped in, but he wasn't so steady and almost drowned. MapleShade got him before his head went under water. ''NettlePaw, paddle your back legs.'' MapleShade mewed, letting him go. He did as she said, for last time he wasn't paddling his hind legs.  ''I-I'm doing it!'' He smiled. ''NettlePaw! NettlePaw where are you?'' MapleShade heard some calling. ''NettlePaw, out now!'' NettlePaw seemed confused and jumped onto land. NettlePaw hopped over to Sunning Rocks. ''NettlePaw! What are you doing?!'' DeerDapple yowled. ''I was hunting on Sunning Rocks, you know, Thunderclan territory?'' NettlePaw answered. DeerDapple nodded, ''I'm glad you understand it is Thunderclan territory, but Riverclan will find you here and tear you to shreds!'' NettlePaw followed DeerDapple to Thunderclan camp. ''C'mon, PatchPaw, lets bring the fish back to camp.'' MapleShade nudged PatchPaw. They both got onto land and went to camp. PatchPaw placed the fish in the prey pile. MapleShade noticed DarkStar darted over to her. ''Hey, Thunderclan is sending a attack on Sunning Rocks tomorrow, just a heads up and think of who would be the best.'' MapleShade nodded. PatchPaw was talking to the new apprentice,  Lilypaw. The she-cat was a light gray tabby with bright blue eyes. ''PatchPaw, I want you to get some sleep, for you'll be coming with me to the fight at Sunning Rocks.'' MapleShade mewed, narrowing her eyes to LilyPaw. The apprentice's eyes shined whenever she talked to PatchPaw. ''Oh! Can I come~?'' LilyPaw mewed. MapleShade narrowed her eyes to her. ''You'll need your mentor, RainFall, if you want to go.'' LilyPaw trotted over to him. MapleShade hopped he said no. RainFall padded over, ''She can't go, so don't let her tell you I said yes.'' the skinny black tom's voice was like AppleDusk's, soft but his was more high-perked. The skinny tom padded away. LilyPaw rolled her eyes. The moon rose and everyone went to their dens.  MapleShade curled up in a den far from the warriors. The next morning, MapleShade called for all the warriors and PatchPaw. 'RainFall, SplashFoot, SpikeTail, and PatchPaw, you will be coming.'' MapleShade mewed. ''Everyone get something to eat, and meet me by the entrance.'' When the cats came over they headed out. Thunderclan was already there, thank god NettlePaw wasn't there. ''Hey!'' RainFall yowled, ''Off Sunning Rocks!'' ThrushTalon scoffed, ''Why?'' MapleShade yowled and the patrol attacked the cats. Only ThrushTalon and SeedPelt was one the patrol, so they were out numbered. Soon, though, BloomHeart and BeeTail darted over. The battle was harsh. MapleShade found herself pinned by BeeTail. BeeTail got off her, ''Don't let anyone know I spared you...'' The tom whispered, running off. MapleShade thought she was safe until BloomHeart leapt onto her. ''YOU KILLED FRECKLEWISH! I KNOW YOU DID!'' The she-cat snarled.  MapleShade slashed her face, '' A adder killed her you mouse-brain!'' BloomHeart pinned MapleShade and scratched her with her hind legs. MapleShade screeched and slashed the she-cats throat. BloomHeart tumbled over onto her back. MapleShade kept slashing at the she-cat. PatchPaw was fighting off SeedPelt, the Thunderclan tom was much bigger then PatchPaw, but PatchPaw seemed to be winning. SeedPelt then bit the tom's neck, MapleShade rammed into the Thunderclan warrior. She grabbed PatchPaw and rushed him back to camp, their the medicine went on to giving him herbs. MapleShade ran back and jumped onto SeedPelt. She bit the warrior's shoulder and slashed his eye. SeedPelt screeched and the Thunderclan patrol ran back to camp, left for RavenWing to heal them. Thunderclan didn't need their medicine cat. They didn't deserve a medicine cat.