Chapter 14 For I Cannot Lose Him

MapleStar pased around outside the medicine cat den, very worried. Milkfur was inside, helping PatchClaw recover. MapleStar had Milkfur's words echo through her ears; 'I'm not sure I can help him.' MapleStar disbeilieved it, she knew PatchClaw would live, he had a family to raise, he couldn't leave so soon. MapleStar tapped her paw, getting impatient. SplashFoot walked towards MapleStar, ''We need patrols set up, MapleStar.'' He mewed. ''Yes, SpikeTail and you on a hunting patrol, EelTail and RainFall on a boarder patrol. Tell them please.'' MapleStar sighed. SplashFoot nodded and trotted away. PerchWing looked towards MapleStar, ''PatchClaw alright?'' He mewed, MapleStar shrugged and poked her head inside. She saw Milkfur with a surprised and happy look on her face. ''He's alive!'' She yowled. MapleStar gasped and ran in. Happy tears streaming down her face she buried her face into PatchClaw's fur. ''Oh Myler...I love you...'' MapleStar sobbed, smiling. ''M-Myler?'' Milkfur shuttered in confusion.  ''T-that was his old name..'' MapleStar muttered. You should know that. MapleStar wanted to snarl out loud. MapleStar rose to her shaky paws and padded out of the den. She looked around, camp was foggy and muggy, a high chance of rain. It was only a day after the battle between Thunderclan and Riverclan. MapleStar then stood completely still, a voice echoed through her ears. ''Myler could die, he has many wounds, he could die from blood loss, infection-'' 

''Quiet you fool!'' 

MapleStar yowled out. Almost every cat looked towards her in confusion. MapleStar breathed heavily as she ran into her den. She buried her face into her chest fur, tucking her limbs under her. The voice echoed through her ears again. ''You know, your revenge isn't finished. There is MANY cats to still be hurt...ruined...destroyed.'' The voice laughed for a couple seconds then began rambling. MapleStar's ears echoed with these haunting words. She wanted them to stop. She didn't care what they had to say...until...

''BeeTail loved you, remember that, that's why he did everything for you.''

BeeTail loved her? After everything she did to his clans? Him as well?! She always wanted to dig her claws into his throat to get revenge for everything he did. He knew she was mates with AppleDusk and told OakStar, but OakStar never got time to exile her. If BeeTail loved her so much, why did he do all that he did? 

This voice could be lying.

''Myler will die before ShadowKit will even gain a warrior name.''

MapleStar shot up. This voice, it had to be lying...right...?!

''Starclan will spare him IF...''

''You KILL OakStar, and all his kin, along with AppleDusk's.''

''Do you promise?''

''....''

MapleStar was silent. Then out loud, she muttered;

''Yes. For I cannot lose him.''