Chapter Ten: Vision

Somewhere in Everlock

I woke up to find myself somewhere else. I got up a bit and looked around. The place I was in, was like the inside of an old abandon church. I could tell because the inside looked like a church. "Hello? Anybody here?", I said while getting all the way up from the floor. My shoulder was still in a little bit of pain, but I didn't let that bother me now. As I looked around the entire room, I noticed a large looking crystal in the middle of the room. It was more like a dome that was lighting up. The door of the dome opened, and something stepped out. As I got a good look at what it was, I felt my heart sinking. Because what came out of the dome, was the Carnival Master himself. He looked a lot like the beast from Beauty and the Beast, to me. Only except, he looked more like a demon fur man with a blue glowing crystal for a heart. As I saw him walking out, he turned his eyes at me. "I figured that you would be coming here...", he said as I just stood there in silence. I honestly didn't know what to say to him at all. He's evil, afterall. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue, child? Hehehe...", he asked me as I finally answered him. "What do you want with me?...", I asked while backing away a bit. I've figured that if he was going to attack me or something, then I can make a run for it. "Be still, my dear... I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to talk to you. It's been so long ever since I seen a woman like you again.", the Carnival Master said as I thought about what he just told me. I thought about how that story about that woman that was working with him was true all along. I was surprised, yet scared again. What did he mean when he said something about seeing a woman like me again? "I-I'm sorry. But I think you got the wrong girl. You see, I-", I said until he stopped me. "I know exactly who you are. You're one of those members working for that savant. I honestly don't understand why you and your friends want to work for him, when he's the traitor in your steps.", the Carnival Master said. After hearing what he had to say, I went quiet for a second. I didn't understand why he called Joey a traitor. Joey's our friend; why on earth would he betray me and the group? "Traitor? What are you talking about? He hasn't done anything wrong.", I stated as the Carnival Master laughed to himself. "Hehehehe... Oh, you poor thing. You honestly don't know your own friend that well, do you?... He's not here for all of you. He's only here for all of you to die! You see, he's been dead for over a year now, and he was granted the opportunity to come back to life. Unless, he sacrifices all of his friends in order to regain life once again. So far you have lost one friend. Only nine more to deal with.", he explained. I couldn't believe what I was hearing at all. Could Joey really be a traitor? I didn't want to believe it, but I did. This made me think about what the note earlier said before: "Someone in the town is not telling the truth." As I thought about all of this for a second, I looked back at the Carnival Master. "All of this sounds ridiculous! I've already heard about your past story. You're tricking me! I will not believe a thing you say!", I said as the Carnival Master just smiled at me. "Fine then... Don't believe me? Then you will soon...", he said as I glared at him. No way was I falling for any of his tricks, whatsoever. "You're lying! Joey is my best friend! He would never want to see me die! Nor any of his other friends. I won't believe anything you say. Where am I anyway? I want to leave now!", I told him. But as I did, I felt my eyes staring into the glowing crystal in his chest. They turned bright blue when it happened.

"Don't worry, my dear child

"Don't worry, my dear child... I'll send you back... But be warned of what I told you... Soon, you will see what I mean....", the Carnival Master said to me finally until I fell asleep once again and fell back onto the floor.