Chapter Twenty Eight: Defeating the Carnival Master

"It's them!", Joey said. "I saw you, when I died.", Matt said. Turns out that it was two people from the Society Against Evil. I could tell by remembering the image that the Carnival Master showed me on his crystal heart. "You've done the impossible like we knew you could, Joey. Now grab the Life Stones. It's time to finish what we started.", the blond woman tells us as we all smiled. I grabbed one of the stones and walk out the door with everyone. Once we make it out the door, the society takes out their weapons and attack the zombies. Me and the group cheers as this is happening.

My Confession: These people are freakin bad ass! The blond girl is strong, and the gentleman is kind of hot.

Once all the zombies are defeated, we all continue to walk to the church. "It's so good to see you again.", Joey tells them. "We have so many questions for you. Question one: Do you have names? This is Nikita. That's Genesis. I'm Matt.", Matt said the society. "I'm Jael. This is Ryu.", the woman tells us as we make it finally to the church open doors.

My Confession: Now that we got the society here to help us, the Carnival Master doesn't stand a chance against all of us. Hopefully when he's defeated, I can finally turn back to my normal self...

"You guys sure you know what you're doing?", Joey asked. "Do you want us to help?", Nikita asked. "All the artifacts are in here.", Matt said. We all look to see the Carnival Master, and he's just so quiet. "Remember me?", Jael asked as the Carnival Master turns around. Ryu runs up to hit him, but the Carnival Master bashes him on the head and chokes him to death. Luckily Jael came at the right moment to save him. She kicked the master, but that lead her to get flipped over and stomped on. We all looked afraid this time, and didn't know what to do next. The Carnival Master looked at us all and raises his hand at me; his crystal even lite up when he did that. "And as for you, YOU TRAITOR!", he shouts at me. I was forced by his powers to walk to him, and I struggled to get away. Except he grabbed my neck, and turned me to look at the group. "You give me those Life Stones, or else I'll kill her, and rip you apart limb from limb!", he tells the others as I'm suffocating. As the group was about to give him the stones, Jael uses her weapon from behind and slashes his leg. This made him let go of me and stand right next to the group again. As we're still watching Jael defeating the Carnival Master, she finally ends his life by slashing her katanas on his neck. We all look surprised at what just happened now. "Is it over?", Matt asked. Jael went over to pick up Ryu, and we all thanked them both. "This is what you came for, Joey.", Jael tells Joey while pointing at the master's crystal heart. "The spell is broken. You're contract is complete. Everlock now has a future.", she tells him one more time. We all get surprised and couldn't believe that the mission was finally over. As Jael left the church with Ryu, I saw Joey and the other two hugging. I didn't know if I was meant to get a hug after what's happened to me, so I decided to step out for a minute.

My Confession: I'm happy that I survived the night with the others, but I'm still in my witch form. I can't go home looking like this. Not just that, but I think Joey lost all trust in me. And honestly, I didn't blame him for that...