Chapter Twenty Five: Zombie Chase

"THEY'RE RIGHT BEHIND US, GUYS!", Matt yelled as we all ran out of the cemetery. There was like over a hundred zombies behind us, and we all ran as fast as we could.

Back at the Hideout

Once we all got inside, we barricaded the doors, and breathed in relief. However, we could still see that there were zombies huddling all around the building. As Matt and Nikita were still catching their breaths, Joey looked at me and started talking. "I can't believe that you have been working for him behind my back. So I'm guessing that I'm not the only liar here, now am I?", he said in a very mad tone. "Oh no! Don't start pointing the finger on me! If you would've told the truth about what you did in the first place, then none of this wouldn't have happened.", I told him off. "Uh, excuse me? I hate to break up your little fight, but I would like to NOT die today!", Nikita said as she brought down the map of the entire town. I then looked at Joey and turned my face away. "I'm done talking to you...", I told him one last time while walking over to see the map.

My Confession: At this rate, I'm done talking with Joey. If he thinks that this whole thing is my fault... Then that's on him to believe.

Nikita turns the map around, and we all see what's on the back. It was a note that talked about the Society Against Evil, and these stones called Life Stones.

We were slaughtered by the Carnival Master because we didn't know his secret. He stole the Life Stones, and placed his essence inside them. While they exist, he cannot be killed. You must find them and with the power of the cleansed artifacts destroy him. The first Life Stone lies at the heart of a tree long passed. Be carful of his undead minions. If you're captured, you'll be taken to the cemetery where you must be rescued by three of your friends; who need to lay their hands on the mausoleum. If you have not been freed in five minutes, the undead will feast on your flesh.

The reading said that theses stones are supposed to be known to be quite powerful, and to help stop the Carnival Master. As we all finished looking at the note, we all started to devise a plan in order to get them. "If one of us gets captured, no matter what, we have to get the other one back.", Joey tells us as we all agreed with him. We all then placed our hands on top of each other and promises one another about each other's safety. "One! Two! Three! TOGETHER!", we shout.

My Confession: In order to defeat the Carnival Master, we need to find all three of these Life Stones. And the first place to find the first one, according to the map, is an old stump of a tree.