Chapter Twenty Four: Escaping the Carnival Master

"Their deaths... I can hear them... Matt was beaten to death.... Colleen is dying in the maiden's chamber.... Safiya was stabbed.... Ro was stabbed three times by witches.... And Manny was shot by Nikita....", I said to myself while dreaming about everyone's deaths. I couldn't tell if this was all real or not. I don't even remember what happened to me. Am I dead? I woke up and gasped a bit after hearing gunshots and people screaming. I found myself in the crystal dome, and I couldn't move at all; and my neck felt heavy. I was chained around my wrists and ankles, and I had a very long chain on my neck. My mouth was also covered with a cloth tied behind my face. I didn't know what was going on, but that was until the dome opened. I felt the chain on my neck pulling me, and I struggled to move. Except I couldn't, because my limbs were chained. And the person who was pulling me like a dog, was the Carnival Master. As he pulled me out, I saw that Joey was there; along with Matt and Nikita. "Genesis! No!", Joey said. I tried to scream for help, but I couldn't make that much noise with the cloth around me. "Yes, yes, yes! I have your little friend here, as you can see... She's been doing everything that I say, like betraying all of you!", the Carnival Master said as he pulled the chain to pick me up. I got up by force, and he put his hands on my shoulders. "Genesis... I told you about him... I can't believe you...", Joey said as he sounded so disappointed. "Wait, what is he talking about?", Nikita asked as I looked down. "In case you all don't know, your friend here has been under my spell this entire time. The bite that she received earlier, was actually part of my plan. She's been keeping it from you all, and been talking to me as well. Looks like you're not the only liar here, savant boy. And I must say, I thought that you found out for yourself as well. But there's nothing else that can be done now. Because in just a few minutes, I will be taking over Everlock. And your beautiful friend here, will be my queen once I take over...", the Carnival Master explained to the group. I saw Joey still looking disappointed in me, and the other two just looked angry. I honestly didn't blame them, I was mad at myself too. If I didn't fall for this kind of trick, none of this wouldn't happen. But it is happening now, and I wasn't going to let it happen. When the Carnival Master pushed me aside while continuing to talk, I was actually able to slip out of my wrist and limb chains, and get the large chain off my neck. As I quietly took off the cloth, I bent down to grab Calliope's gun. I couldn't believe that the Carnival Master killed her and Mortimer; but I was about to avenge them both. As I got up with the gun, I smacked the Carnival Master in the face with it and shot some bullets at him. The team was cheering for me, but I wasn't doing that much good with the gun. I then got up to the point where I tried to punch him, but failed when he grabbed my neck and held me up in the air. My eyes also turned blue when he looked at me. I tried to get him off me, but he was so strong to get free from. "Foolish little girl! Did you honestly think that you could stop me?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!", the Carnival Master said with an evil laugh. He then smacked me across the face, and I ended up injured on the floor. Joey came to pick me up, and I wrapped my arms around him. "Are you okay?", he asked me. "Joey, I'm sorry! I-I tried to tell you about what I lied about, but-", I told him. But that was until the Carnival Master shouted at us all. "ENOUGH OF THIS! You all have foiled my plans enough, already. I can smell the stench of the society all over you! They caught you into a war that's not yours! And now, you're going to pay for it, with your own lives. But don't worry, I have some very special friends who are going to come visit you...", he said as we all got scared. The Carnival Master then used the powers in the artifacts, and suddenly, something was happening outside. I looked out the closest window and saw the cemetery tombstones glowing. Next thing me and the others see, is an angry mob of zombies that were coming inside the church. "GUYS! RUN!", I told them all while talking Joey's hand and running out the doors. Nikita and Matt ran as well, and we were all getting chased around the cemetery by zombies. "TEARING YOU APART! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!", the Carnival Master shouted.