chapter eleven

The rest of the night was delightful. We ate fish and chips, which he had prepared. When he drove me home he kissed me on the front step then I went to bed with an uncontainable smile on my face.

The next morning George woke me up. "Come downstairs, mum needs to talk to us," George says softly, "kay," I sigh, rubbing my eyes and staring at the ceiling.

I soon swing my legs over the side of my bed and walk downstairs, throwing my hair into a bun. "Have a seat, Aiden," my mum says from the kitchen table. I walk over and sit down.

"So we told you that we'd be moving to Manchester. George is going to stay here in London and he's going to get a dorm room. You, however, are coming with us," she pauses. I'm speechless. "We leave in a week so get packing."

A week? That's way too soon. I run out of the house and onto the streets, not caring where I was going or how long it would take me to get there. I hadn't even realized how far I went until I was standing in front of Reece's flat complex downtown.

I made my way down the long, narrow hallway and began to knock on his door. "Hey Aide-" I cut Reece off by pushing him out of the way and walking into his flat. "Woah, Aiden are you alright?" Reece asks, noticing my worried appearance, "no," I huff as I begin pacing around his flat, "what's wrong?" He asks with concern laced in his voice, "a week, Reece. We-We're moving in a-in a week,"

My skin starts to crawl as my breathing picks up its pace. "I don't want to move, Reece," I start crying and begin feeling light-headed, "Hey, hey Aiden look at me," I flinch as Reece touches my shoulder. "Don't cry okay? Look at me," he says softly. I meet Reece's eyes and he begins talking, "listen to my voice, alright?" He cups my cheek.

I nod my head before he begins talking again, "it's going to be alright, I swear it. You do not have to do anything you don't want to do. You're 18 years old for crying out loud," I calm down a bit. He pauses before asking, "would you like to stay with me?"

I nod my head before wrapping my arms around his chest and hugging him. My head rests on his shoulder as he strokes my hair. "It'll be okay," Reece whispers in my ear, "Okay," I say, my voice cracking.

He pulls away and looks at me, "don't cry," he chuckles softly as he wipes my tears away, "do you want to go over to yours and start packing your stuff for you to move in here?" He asks before I realize something.

I look around the flat, seeing there's only one bedroom, meaning Reece and I will share...great.

"I take it we're sharing your room then?" I ask, "I mean yeah, if that's alright with you," he says as I walk back over to him, "yeah."

"So how was your uh," Reece looks over at me, "...date?" "It's was great," I smile, "was it now?" Reece asks, looking back at the road, "it was. He made me dinner, he got me a rose, and he kissed me," I blushed.

Reece clenches his jaw, "hasn't changed a bit," Reece says under his breath, "what?" I ask, "nothing," he says, trying to cover up his jealous thoughts, "Alright," I say as we pull up to my house.

We both get out and walk up to the front step. "You remember the last time I was here?" Reece smirks, "Reece!" I playfully scold him as we walk inside, "go wait in my room, I'll talk to my mom," I say to Reece quietly before walking into the kitchen.

"Where the hell did you go?" My mom asks, "I went for a walk. I'm not going to Manchester," I say, getting straight to the point, "what do you mean?" She asks, "I'm staying with someone here," I reply, "do you mind me asking who?" She asks, "a friend of mine," I tilt my head to the side, "a friend?" She asks in disbelief, "yes, mum, a friend," I glare, "Emily?" She asks, "no...you don't know hi-them," I say, almost exposing myself, "fine. Do what you want. Make sure you visit Manchester though," she rolls her eyes.

I smile as I make my way back up to my room where Reece is looking at the pictures on my wall, "is this you?" He smiles, pointing at a picture of me when I was a child, "Yeah...that was a fun day," I smile, remembering the fun day I had with my dad.

"Who's that?" Reece asks, pointing to my dad, "that's my uh dad," I say softly, "you're dad?" He repeats, "yeah," I nod, looking at Reece, "Harry?" He asks, "yes...you know him?" I ask, walking over to my dresser, "I think my dad worked on a project with him," Reece replies, "probably," I sigh as Reece sits on my bed.

After about 2 hours of packing all my stuff in bags and suitcases, Reece helps me take it all out to his Jeep.

"Wait, I just thought of something," I say as I'm putting my seatbelt on, "Yeah?" He says, "I'll have to help bay the bills, won't I?" I ask, "no not at all actually. See my dad's uh...someone my dad...works for pays for everything," Reece says trying to explain himself, "like the house?" I ask, "yeah," he says putting the car into drive, "strange," I say quietly, looking out my window.