8.1K 264 148

MIROH
by yourschan

🥀

It was the place of abuse of any kind, may it be to children or to adults, merciless corrupt officials, and agony. It was the place where Bang Chan and his troop lives, it's a miracle they're still alive from running away from the capitol through their entire lives.

In fact, they were the most wanted people to capture. Chan, Woojin, Changbin, Hyunjin, Jisung, Seungmin, and Jeongin were the biggest group of rebels, against the unfair system of the city. They have been hiding all their lives from the city proper thus no one actually know how they look like, just their rebellious activities during night.

People call them the bad guys, but in the end, they're just mere children that wanted to escape the lives they were in. They wanted to conquer their fear, the government, and their horrid past.

Especially Chan, the leader of the rebels. He was going to avenge his family, he's sworn it to them at the moment of their death. He hated himself for not being there for them when his family needed him. But now he had his friends whom he treated as his family for almost seven years of living together, hunting together and fighting together whatever comes their way.

What if someone was to lead them to something bad and Chan wasn't able to recognize that person's true intentions? No, he wouldn't let that happen.

But he would be too emerged of his feelings for that person. Well, that's when we say, "Life is like a maze."

🥀

In the middle of the night, six young men were carefully taking their each step as they walk away from the city proper, where the highest generals were beginning their search for the wanted rebels. The fire on the city hall grew bigger and bigger as the firefighters tried to put it away with water.

"Don't they realize sodium makes everything worse?" Jisung chuckled lowly, eyeing the city on fire. He turned around to look at his leader who deadpanned his question, leaving the now pouting boy.

"I don't think they realized we put some," said Chan as he gestured for everyone to keep going and they did so. Chan lead them further into the woods, heading for the outskirts. "Are they back?"

Jeongin glanced at where they came from and saw two figures furiously running towards them. "Hyung, I think they're here."

"Thanks for waiting," Hyunjin groaned as soon as he reached his friends, giving each of them his glare.

"Why, you're welcome," Changbin mockingly said with his body posture imitating the snobs. Hyunjin rolled his eyes with a smile and looked ahead to search for Chan's leaf-colored locks.

"Chan hyung, when we delivered the money to the poor people, no soldiers were-" Hyunjin paused midway when the leader raised his hand, indicating for everyone to halt. Chan observed their surroundings while the rest kept their ears sharp.

"Something's up," Chan warned his members, gripping his dagger tightly. The bush from the left moved and created a rustling sound which alarmed the six boys. Chan walked quietly to the bush, keeping his senses alert as he drew his body closer to it. He was about to attack whoever was hiding behind the bushes when he heard movements from his back.

Chan threw his dagger at the right, a loud thump was heard, followed by a grunt and groaning. Changbin stepped forward to take a look in it, "It's one of those general's minions."

"Heads up, they could be anywhere." He warned and everyone was in their fighting position. They all stayed still, waiting for another sneak attack. Shortly, frantic footsteps filled their hearing senses. "Be alert, watch out!"

Out of the blue, Hyunjin yelled in terror when a boy in filthy clothes appeared in front of him from the dark bushes. Woojin was the first to hold the stranger, the others aiming their weapons to him.

"I'm no enemy, please!" The boy cried as he tried to free himself from Woojin's grip. "Help me, I need help!"

Chan stared at the boy's feline features, from his thin lips, his small nose until their eyes met. The sky roared and started to cry, strongly. The trees catching every tears and dropping them above their heads.

Chan saw his family in those eyes, how much they were desperate for help and how they cry for it. He shut his eyes before he could even let his tears build up behind his eyes then cleared his throat, "We'll bring him home."

"But Chan-" Woojin tried to convince the leader why they shouldn't trust the boy but was stopped by Chan's glare.

"I don't want any of you to catch cold so you better hurry and go back," Chan turned around and continued to walk, leading his members back to their hidden den.