11. Feelings

Topanga came after me and I felt horrible.

"I'm sorry, I ruined your Christmas with my stupid drama." I say, slouched again the wall.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I'd rather have your drama then to not have you at all." She rubs circles on my back. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"That you no longer love Shawn?"

I shake my head "No..."

Of course its not true, I wanted to scream or cry or hit something but I refrained.

"Then why did you say it?"

"Because... Garrett has- I mean- I don't know"

"Does Garrett know? About you?"

I nod "Yeah, I only told him because we were on the same page for the whole family matter."

"Do you think its a mistake, dating Garrett?" 

"No..."

"Do you want to marry him?"

"Not in six days..."

"But eventually?"

"Topanga, I don't know what I want any more..."

"Well, ok... Let's just go back inside..."

"I- I-" 

"Come on. Y/n, it was one fight -"

"He tried to make it like it was my fault." I spit out, standing tall. "He had a part in this."

Topanga sighs "I know...But please? You don't have to talk to him..."

"Fine" I walk into the apartment, taking a seat at the table, furthest away from Shawn. "

"So, um, Shawn is going to spend the night" Cory says

"I'm sorry he's what?" I look at him, dumbfounded

"Staying.the.night." Cory explains as if I was dumb.

"Topanga. Thanks for offering to let me spend the night here, but I just cant-"

"You're staying." She says "And so is Shawn." 

"I-"

"End of discussion."

Mr. and Mrs. Matthews had already left to their hotel room, and Josh left to go hang with some friends, leaving Cory, Topanga, Riley, Auggie, Maya, Shawn and I, by ourselves.

"Fine. I'm going on a walk."  I walk out the door, not bothering to grab a coat.

"Y/n, i-"

"No. Shawn, I'm not going to listen" 

"Y/n"  I face him, his expression one of remorse, I look at him leaning against the wall in the hall way. "I am so sorry... I didn't mean what I said. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for cheating. I'm sorry for everything stupid thi-"

Within two steps I was face to face with him, standing on my tiptoes, pressing my lips to him with force and passion, pressing him against the wall.

His hands grip my waist tightly and my hands go to the side of his head, deepening the kiss.

Much to my dismay, I break the kiss leaning back "You want to know what sucks about this? I lied. I still love you. I never stopped. I never stopped thinking about you. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Even if that meant it was just you and I. But you, you broke up with me because you wanted more. Yet I still love you."

"Y/n-"

"I want to be with you. Still. But I can't." I say "Not because of your mistakes, but because I am engaged. And I- it's wrong. You and I are wrong."

With one swift motion he had me against the wall, in a harsh but gentle way. "If we are wrong, then why do we feel like this?"

"B-" 

Before I could get a full word out, he walks back into the apartment.

-

That evening, Topanga and I flipped through wedding catalogs Garrett had left with her.

We had already decided on a simple wedding, on the roof, basic decor and stuff like that.

"That ones pretty" Topanga says, pointing at a A-line ballgown style dress.

"Yeah, not really my style." I shrug

"I suppose not"

"Can we look later?" I ask "We've been at this for. Ever." I sigh

"Yeah, it's getting late anyways." Topanga stands up "Cory, let's go to bed. It's late."

"But Shawn and I are talking" He whines

"Yeah, just five more minutes" Shawn says

"No, now let's go" Topanga pulls Cory out of his seat

"Night Shawnie"

"Night Cor"

The couch left and I awkwardly cleared my throat, not looking at Shawn.

After a minute, I make eye contact with him and he pats the seat beside him.

Slowly I get up, walking to the couch, taking a seat, pulling my knees up to my chest, leaning my head on Shawns shoulder.

"I miss this..." He whispers

"Mhmm..."

He plays with my hair, lulling me to sleep.

The last thing I heard before I fell asleep was "I'm so sorry for hurting you."

_______________________________________

Due to popular request, here's another update!!!

Thank you all for all the love it means so much to me, you seriously can't understand!!!