19. I do

We walked back to our spots, the only thing different was that Shawn, was the groom. And I was actually excited.

And nervous... But mostly excited.

"Ha! Finally, Shawn and Y/n are back together. For good." Cory says, grinning before walking to his spot

"Wow, you and Shawn... I'm so happy for you!" Topanga says, grinning.

"Aww thanks guys"  I give her a hug

"Promise me one thing."

"What?"

"That you will say "I do". "

"I promise, I promise." I laugh.

Topanga went out and I waited silently for my cue.

~Flashback~

"If you could marry any guy in our class,"  Amanda, a girl in our grade, asked Topanga and I, "Who would it be?"

It was eleventh grade year and the three of us were sitting on the bleachers in the gym.

"Cory." Topanga answers, nonchalantly.

"No one."  I shrug

"No one? We all know that one day you and Hunter are gonna get married." Amanda says, her eyes wide.

"Ehh, I don't think so. Marriage isnt my thing."

"Come on.  You two are high-school loves. There's no way you two won't get married."

~End of flashback~

When it came to my turn, I slowly walk out, smiling at Shawn, then Maya.

"I can't believe this is happening" He whispers as I stand across from him

"Me either" I giggle quietly.

Mr. Feeny clears his throat before speaking. "Dearly beloved, and Mr. Matthews, we are gathered here today to join in the celebration of one man and one woman."

Shawn grabs onto my hands, holding them.

"Mr. Hunter, your vows."

"Y/n, I've known you my whole life. You and I, were best friends way before we were together. Then we got together. Things were... Epic. Just simply epic between you and I. But then I turned foolish, wreaked things between us. I thought everything was over for good. But then I saw you again a few days ago, things were rocky at first, then they smoothed out... But what's his face was still in the way. Now, it's you and I baby. You and I. I love you."

There was a chorus of "Awws" from the crowd, and my eyes start to fill.

"Oh, wow, ok I was not ready for that." I laugh, wiping under my eye with the heel of my hand. "Ok, wow, where to start, where to start. Shawn, you and I, We've been through a lot... Even though we haven't seen eachother in years, my feelings haven't changed even though I tried to make it seem like they had. Shawn, I love you and I am so happy you showed back up in my life before I made the worst decision of my life. I love you."

There was another chorus of "Awws"

"Do you Shawn Patrick Hunter take Y/n Y/l/n to be your lawful wedded wife?"

"How do you know my middle name?"

"Yes or no, Mr. Hunter."

"I do."

"Now, Miss. Y/n, this is the part where you say yes, ok?" Mr. Feeny says "Do you Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n take Shawn Hunter to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Well, with the powers invested by me, by the state of- wherever we are, I now pronounc you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

The fireworks that marked new years went off.

Shawn presses his lips to mine for a brief moment. "Happy new years Mrs. Hunter."

"Happy new years Mr. Hunter."