I Fell For You Preview

Chapter one:

"All I'm saying is, I don't think a guy in need of a roommate is just going to fall out of the sky." Y/n shrugs as Cory and her walk into Chubbies.

As soon as her foot leaves the second from last step, an unfamiliar boy starts talking about how he needs a roommate because he's new in town.

She'd be lying if she said she didn't trip from being wrong.

Y/n's foot slipped as she put it down on the last step, Cory stood there, watching her fall and she closed her eyes tightly to prepare to meet the ground.

A pair of arms wrap around her, stopping the girls fall.

"Woah there." The voice from earlier says "Gotta be more careful on those steps."

Y/n opens her eyes, the boy, while attractive from the stairs, was even more attractive up close.

She steadied myself, standing up.

"Yeah, I am so sorry." She laughs it off "I really should be more careful."

He laughs, extending his hand "I'm Jack. And I think it's safe to say you've already fell for me."

"I'm Y/n." The female take his hand and shakes it. "And I think that's a pretty presumptuous thing to say."

"Yeah, ok, enough flirting." Cory says, physically pushing me out of the way. "Did you say you needed a roommate?" 

"Yes?"

"Does it have an avocado fridge?"

"I don't know, but it's this really ugly shade of green."

"I'll be right back," Cory starts to run up the stairs "Y/n, make sure he doesn't go anywhere."

She gives Cory a thumbs up while sliding into a booth.

Jack slides in the opposite side of the booth, folding his hands on the table, a serious look on his face. "So, do you go to Pennbrook?"

She starts to giggle, and covers her mouth with the back of her hand "I'm sorry, it's not funny. It's just you looked so serious when you asked."

"Oh, sorry." He laughs, his mouth forms a creepy smile. "Do you go to Pennbrook?"

"Ok, one" Y/n giggled harder "That face is so creepy, two I'm sorry, I'm easily entertained. And three, yes I do."

"Oh, really?" He says "First year?"

She shakes her head "Second."

"You don't look old enough-"

"Graduated early" She gives him a small laugh, tapping the heel of her hand against the table nervously a few times.

"So, that curly headed kid, he your boyfriend?"

"Cory? Oh god no- ew- no yuck." Y/n wrinkles her nose "I know you probably think I'm being dramatic, it's just I've known him since forever, he's like my little brother."

"Oh, well do you have a boyfriend?"

"Nah." She shakes her head, looking past Jack.

"Why not? I mean someone who looks like you surly has at least twenty people falling for them at once."

"Well, perhaps. But dating just isn't my thing. First and last time I dated anyone was freshman year and it lasted around four months."  She shrugs, then furrows her eyebrows "Sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you all of this, you probably don't care."

"No, no, I actually find this interesting." He laughs, shaking his head.

"So, what about you?" Y/n laughs "What's your dating life look like?"

"Rocky." He sighs "Really, really, rocky."

"I'm sure it can't be that ba-"

"I go on one date with someone, they decide it isn't going to work out and then they ignore me."

"Oh yi-"

"Or they're just looking for someone to pass the time with."

"Oh, yeah I -"

"Jack, hey, yeah." Cory calls, running down the stairs, Eric stumbling behind him, Shawn and Topanga following in a less hurried manner.

"Eric, Jack. Jack, Eric."

Eric asks Jack a few questions before crossing his arms.

"I don't like him" Is all Eric says before walking out.

"What are you doing here Jack?" Shawn asks

"You two know eachother?" Y/n asks, raising an eyebrow.

"He's my brother." Jack says

"Half brother. Different dad, same mom."

Shawn leaves, leaving all of us dumbstruck.