15. Say yes to the dress

The next morning, Topanga and I woke up early to do some wedding planning.

"Alright so we have an idea for your dress, what colors you want the wedding to be, we know what we want for the decorations, and what you want to eat during the reception... That sounds about it." Topanga looks at my checklist I had made late last night. "Wow, I never thought you would get married." She says laughing quietly

"Neither did I...But here we are" I laugh "So, you know of some boutiques right?"

"Yep, as soon as the girls-"

"We're ready!" Riley walks into the kitchen area, An angry looking Maya in tow.

"I can't believe you made me get up this early. On a school break." Maya crosses her arms.

I give a small silent laugh "I was thinking we could go get coffee first girl, what do you think?"

"Yay!" Riley says

"Hmm" Maya says at the same time

"Sounds like a plan, let's go." Topanga grabs her purse and coat and I do the same.

The girls grab their coats, buttoning them up.

We walk to the Café and get some coffee then make our ways to the boutiques.

We walk into the first one, the windows lined with this season's wedding dresses.

"Hello, How may I help you ladies?" A middle aged women with brown hair and deep blue eyes asks.

"Yes, I'd like to try on some wedding dresses" I say

"A certainly. When's the big day?"

"New years."

"Oh wow, that is neat"

"Mhmm"

"Are you excited?  Or nervous?" The saleswoman who had said her name was Clarice, asked.

"No, not really" I give her a small laugh.

"Wow, really? I wish I was this calm when I was getting prepared for my wedding. It was so nervous" Clarice launched into her own wedding story.

I was only half listening as I looked through the dresses, "I'd like to try this one on."

I pull out a mermaid style floor length lace dress, with a neck that scooped slightly, dipping down in the back, and two inch sleeves that rested on top of the shoulders.

"Of course, right this way." Clarice smiles leading us into a large room with a couch connected to a smaller room with a curtain for a door. "Go right in"

The others take a seat on the chairs and couch, while I go put on the dress.

It fit perfectly.

I walk out of the dressing room, holding the skirt so I didn't trip.

"Oh my God Y/n... Wow- just wow" Topanga says, Gasping.

"I think that's the dress for you Y/n" Riley says, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Yeah, Y'know, whatever." Maya says, inspecting her nails.

I turn to Clarice and grin "I'll take it"

Clarice smiles "I'll go ring you up while you change." 

I go change back to my clothes and walk out, Clarice takes the dress and bags it.

I find three matching lavender colored bridesmaid dresses that Topanga, Maya and Riley try on.

The were sheer with silk on the bottom layer, reaching the floor.

When they said they fit I told Clarice I wanted them as well.

"Good luck and Congrats" She says on our way back

"Thank you" I call over my shoulder

"Wow, well, I think we're done with the wedding planning... And shopping."  Topanga says, walking beside me on the side walk as Riley and Maya talk and walk infront of us. "Y/n, believe it or not, Maya will get over it."

"I know, I know, but still... I just feel such a connection with her... And it hurts to see her upset."

"I know..."

We reach the Matthews resident and walk inside, Seeing Shawn and Cory sitting with Garrett in the living room.

"Oh! Garrett! You're not supposed to be here!" I say, hiding the dress behind my back.

"Why?" He jokes "Are you having a secret affair?" 

I give him a laugh, acting normal "Of course not silly, but I just got my dress."

"Ohhh, you should let me see what you look like in it" Garrett winks, smiling, walking over to me.

"No, You can see it in five days."  I smirk

"Aww C'mon" He wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling his head in my neck.

"Garrett, stop." I whisper

"Why don't we go back to my place?" He whispers in return.

Quickly, I slip out of his grasp and move away from him.  I set the dresses on the bench.

He knows I've never liked PDA infront of strangers but acting like that infront of my friends was even worse.

"Hey, you know what would be a good idea?" I ask Garrett "If we didn't see eachother until the wedding. That was our love or whatever I even stronger." 

"That- Well, actually that's an amazing idea. Isn't she so smart? She's the smartest."  He tells Cory, Topanga and Shawn.

"Well, why waste time? Let's start now." I walk back over to Garrett, pushing his towards the open door, grabbing his coat and shoving him out "See ya in five days."

Slamming the door shut and locking it, I slide down the door, sitting down.

"You... Ok?" Shawn asks, eyeing me suspiciously

"Yeah, yeah, perfect, never better. Why?" I ask, running my hands through my hair.

"You don't seem ok?"

"I said I'm fine." I snap, shoving myself off the ground, walking to the kitchen.

I hear Shawn sigh then footsteps coming in to the kitchen, Shawn wraps his arms around my shoulders after turning me to face him. "You know what you need?"

"Death?"

"No, a good cry."

"Shawn, I don't cry, I've never cried infront of you guys."

"Not true, I can count a handful of times you cried but still."

I sigh, wrapping my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest "Just hug me, and don't talk"

"Ok, I can do that."