4. ...And Old Romances

"SHAWN!"  Cory yells, jumping up, hugging his long time best friend.

After the two stopped hugging they walked over to us.

I turn around, placing my hands on the bench below me, facing The duo, grateful Shawn hasn't saw me yet.

Topanga smiles "Hello Mr. Cory." She walks to him and hugs him.

"Mrs. Cory" He laughs

When Topanga let go he noticed me

"Y/n?!" His expression was shocked

"Hey Shawn. Long time no see, eh?" I say quietly. 

I felt embarrassed, this being so out of character for me. Thirteen years ago, if I had been in the same room, we would've been chatting up a storm... Now... It's silent.

In the silence I realized I was still a little angry, angry that I still had feelings, angry that things ended, mostly angry at myself for losing touch with everyone.

He nods as me, and I nod back.

Maya and Riley walk over to me.

"Bay window, Bay window right now!" Riley says

"What-" I hardly got out the word before my wrists were grabbed and I was dragged into a room and sat down.

"What's the deal between Hunter and you?"  The blonde asks as soon as we're seated.

"There is no deal." I shrug, looking at her

"What happened between you two? We know you two were High-school loves until Riley was born,  In a relationship that lasted that long something big must've happened."

"Are you always this inquisitive?" I ask looking at her

"Only when I want answers."

I nod "Noted."

"So what happened?" 

I sigh "The day that Riley was born, Shawn decided he wanted to get married. I didn't."

"That's what the fight was over?" Riley asks

"Just over that?!" Maya asks standing up upruptly

I shrug "Yeah."

"And you haven't seen him since?!" Riley asks doing the same as Maya.

"Nope."

"Why not?" They both ask

"I don't know." 

"You must know." Riley says

"I was angry. I was angry he would end everything with me just because I wasn't ready to start a family." 

Maya nods "Hold on." 

She grabs Riley wrist and pulls her out of the room.

While I waited I texted Topanga asking her if the least she could do was go find a present for Shawn and Maya, her giving me a quick response of 'yeah sure'

Mere minutes later, the two return with a third person

"You two are not leaving this room till you settle things." Riley says

"There's nothing to settle." I say standing up. 

Maya walks over and places her hands on my shoulders, pushing me down.

"You two. Talk now."

"Well yes ma'am." I say, slightly annoyed.

Her and Riley leave the room, leaving us to sit in a more then slightly awkward silence.

"I don't hear any talking"  Riley yells

I grin slightly, remembering how Cory and Topanga did something similar to us when we were younger.

Shawn speaks, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"Why didn't you ever call?"

"I could ask the same." I replied, not looking at him.

"Ok, this isn't going to get us anywhere...Let's start from the beginning, why were you so upset when I suggested we get married?" 

_______________________________________

I forgot to post Monday... Oops. Also excuse the short chapter.