Chapter 22

Jamie's P.O.V.

Callister's fall into the hospital is what really made me go to Addy. I didn't know what else to do... and she always seemed to know exactly how to help him. I should've called her earlier. This would have been a little more easier for him.

"You're no Angel either baby."  Beyonce's voice sang through my phone as I pulled up to a red traffic light.

"Who is that?" I asked Michael. I don't touch my phone when I'm driving. I don't even look at it. It stays in my cup holder.

Michael picked up my phone and turned it over. I watched a smug disgusted look on his face appear as he slid his fingers across the screen and rejected the call.

"Who was that Michael?" I interrogated him as the light turned green.

"That Dallas asshole." He shot back angrily. "Why is he calling you?"

Dallas calling my phone really changed Michael's whole mood. I can understand why, but he needs to get over it. There are more important things at hand.

"Mama Rose called him." I replied. "Callisters mom called him after Callister had his nervous break earlier. Dallas called and told me he was coming to check on him... SO CALL HIM BACK NOW!" I growled my last words. I had to show Michael that I meant business.

"Ok Flazi!" He grunted, and picked up my phone. "I'll call the little bitch back."

"Call me another Flazi, you cunt nugget." I snapped at him. Everyone knows I always hated that. It's not a real word. It's just something that caught on in our family. Its a substitute for pretty much whatever swear words for the sentence.

"And put it on speaker phone through the car speakers so I can hear it."

I know Michael all too well. I know exactly what he would've done if I didn't say put it on speaker. He would've just put the phone to his ear and pretended to call... He really REALLY doesn't like Dallas after the whole family reunion ordeal. I don't blame him. I can't stand the sight of Dallas without wanting to fuck him up, but my bestfriend comes before all of this anger and frustration.

"Yes Ass- I mean Dallas," Michael mumbled, clearly showing his distaste in Dallas.

"I deserved that." Dallas replied, his voice a little broken and hurt. "Look I know you liked Callister alot. And he would've been better off with you but, he needs our help right now and us arguing isn't going to help him in anyway."

"You're right," Michael grunted. "Now what's up with Callister?"

There was a silent hesitation on the other end of the call. It kind of worried me.

"Dallas?" I questioned. "What's going on?"

There was a little more quietness and then finally a different voice answered.

"Callister is doing just fine Jamie." Austin's rigged voice came through the phone.  "He's up now and we can actually take him back home already?"

"Already?" I almost shouted. "What did he doctor say was wrong?"

"That idiot doctor said that he was just fine," Austin growled. I could tell by his sudden tone of voice that the doctor pissed him off. "The doctor said he just had a severe anxiety and panic attack, which caused him to begin hyperventilating and pass out.

"That's great!" I said. "Now I need you to do a small favor for me."

"Anything, Beautiful," Austin replied.

I smiled mentally at Austin. He was so sweet and genuine. He was just so perfect in many ways. I know Austin and Dallas are brothers but, I don't know. There's just something about him that just makes him seem way cuter then Dallas. He makes me want to be a boy sometimes, just so I can date him... curse my female anatomy.

"Okay love," I said. "Don't take Callister anywhere but directly to my house. I may have a way to cheer him up. I know for a fact that if Ms. Addy's twin don't help him get better then,  I don't know who or what can."

There was another pause of conversation between us all before another voice came on the phone.

"Hey Jamie Bug." Callisters' mom sighed through the phone. "Austin and Dallas are helping Callister out right now.  Anyway what's up?"

Oh shit! There's no way i'd convince her to let Callister come to my house at this state of time they're going through. It'll be hard to change her mind if she says no.

I know for a fact that she is way over protective of him when he's feeling ill. When we were little he caught chicken pox and I wasn't allowed to see him for a whole week... even though I'd had mine already. She didn't even let his dad in the same room as him.  She really, really loved her son so much!

That night when she found out he was gay and turned her back to him was the only time she'd ever done something like that. And even then you could tell she was trying hard not to make amends, but she eventually did.

She can't stand being angry with Callister. It wrecks her; physically and emotionally.

"Umm," I stuttered.

Damn, I lost my train of thought to get my words out.

"Help me out," I motioned to Michael.

"Umm," he sighed. "Okay Ms. Houston we may have a way to get Callister at ease for a moment. It's a long shot , but it's out only chance right now."

"And this plan would be?" She asked. Her voice a little optimistic and curious.

"Well, it's like this," Michael started. "Callister always seemed to cheer up whenever he babysat for Ms. Addy. He always smiled and laughed when they were around. So Jamie and I talked Ms. Addy into letting us babysit the twins while she worked today."

"And you guys want to use Callister as a test dummy to see if it would work?" She asked. A hint of sarcasm in her voice. "Absolutely not." She stated, answering her own question before we could get a chance to.

See what I mean? She's a stubborn old thing when it comes to Callister. She won't let him leave her side for anything when he's sick, usually I'll just say okay and let it go because she's his mom, but not today! My bestfriend needs help and damnit I'm going to make sure he gets it.

"Look, Mrs. Houston!" I barked through the recieving end of my cellphone and pulling into my driveway. "I understand that your his mother but, he is my bestfriend! He's like my second brother and I will go to the end of the universe and back for him! So i'm going to try this again in a different approach; you need to bring Callister to my house so I can help get better. Now either you bring him or I will come to get him! It's your choice."

I've never spoken to anyone like that... especially an adult but, my bestfriend is in trouble and damnit I will help him no matter the cost.

"My word Jamie Casanova!" She gasped back. "I have never heard of you to speak like this. It is intolerable and highly inappropriate. I will be telling your mother a-"

"OH MY FREAKING GOD!!" I shouted through the phone. "I don't care! The only thing that matters to me at this point is getting my bestfriend some help okay! So do your worst I don't give a flying shit Ms. Houston!"

She'd really earked my nerves just now. It was like seriously... you're so obnoxiously naive that you won't allow your son help? I'm not going to let that one go down like this. I would kill for Callister if push came to shove.

"Now see here you damn she-devil, i'm coming over now and Callister had better be there or so help he god I'll tear down everything that you own in that house." And with my final words I'd hung up my phone.

I know that my choice of words were probably too much right now...  seeing as how she is going through alot right now with her husband being now deceased and her son going shit house crazy but,  it gaff to be done... It just had to be.