Chapter 20

"Wha... what?" I choked. My body automatically rejected the arms touching me as I involuntarily shrugged them off.

My eyes were too dry of tears to cry it seemed. I don't think I was even registering this adequately.

"The hospital he was in..." My mom started, but trailed off as her eyes averted in another direction. Her voice grew numb and monotones and weaker as she spoke. "The man came today right before we heard you say you were leaving.  He told us that the hospital your dad was in was bombed and collapsed on everyone inside."

This is impossible!  He was just sitting right here. We just had a full conversation.  I hugged him and everything! Someone had to have seen him!

"Escuse me, ma'am?" I tapped the waitress who served us earlier.

"Yes," she replied, a small, timid, scary smile on he lips. "Can i help you?"

"There was a guy sitting with me when I came in. Where did he go? Surely you must have seen him."

The waitress just backed away a little and her smile diminished. "I'm sorry sir. No one has been here but you." She mumbled. "You ordered all of this stuff and And you ate it alone. You've been here talking to yourself for the past hour and a half... My apologies, I have to get back to work."

"Thank you." I said into a whisper.  The last few moments playing through my head.  The knock on the bathroom door,  the hug,  the talk,  the drive, the ice cream...  All a figment of my imagination. But he seemed so real!  I mean he was right here and he was just talking to me. This can't be happening.

My father is gone. The one person in the world besides Jamie that I could trust fully, and he was gone. No! I will not let myself believe this.  He was just here and I'm sticking to my word. I mean,  he couldn't just come and go like that.  He was my dad! He could survive anything.

All of this pondering is giving me a migraine.  A really heavy one. Is this what happens to everyone else when they hear news that they don't take.  This migraine is really heavy... and I l... feel... weak.

                    -------------------------

              --------Jamie P.O.V.--------

I can't even begin to try and feel the pain Callister feels right now. His dad was the one person other than myself that he actually trusted with everything and anything that was going on in his life... and now that that's gone, I don't know what he will do.

He's been in his room for the past few days. He didn't come to school.  He didn't eat his food. He didn't even come to the mall with me and he loves that!  I don't know what to do with him any more...  what kind of friend am I?

"Hey Jamie!" Michael poked house head into my room.  "Any word from Callister?"

"Nope," I nodded. "Not even once. I'm a little worried about him though. I mean he's never been this upset for this long."

"You have to think about it Jamie," Michael shrugged before coming fully into my room and finding a spot next to me on the bed. "He lost his father. You know that of all people he only actually trusted three main people. You, His father, and that one lady Addelyn. I mean you three were basically his life line. and now that one of those life lines is gone, so is a part of him that was keeping him Sane. The best thing to do is to just be there for him you know."

Wow...  for once in his life he was actually thinking with his brain and not with his head... I mean his lower head.

But he was absolutely right.  Being there for Callister was possibly the best thing to do for him. The only thing that's left in his heart honestly is me... WAIT THAT'S IT!

"MICHAEL," I shouted.

"What?" He jumped in a scared response.

"What was the last thing you said?" I asked. I can't remember the name he gave a few seconds ago.

"To be there for -"

"No, before that." I interrupted him.

"That you, his dad and that lady Addelyn-"

"THAT'S IT!" I screamed.  "Addelyn! She's like his second mom! She helped him cope through everything.  Even when his dad left overseas the first time. She's been there for him almostvhurts whole life. They've been living right next to each other since forever.  She'll know exactly what to do.

"Come with me." I said dragging Michael from my bed, and grabbing my car keys from the nightstand. "I know what might help Callister."

"Where are we going woman?" Michael growled, as I pulled into him the garage to get into my car. "And shouldn't we put on some clothes?"

Shit! I didn't even realize.  I was so wrapped up in helping Callister, I didn't even realize that we were in our sleepwear. I'm in my bra and underwear and Michael in his boxers.

"We need clothes on." Michael protested.

"No time," I said, opening the garage door, then grabbing one Of Callisters' t-shirts he left in here. and throwing Michael the other. Aww, he looked so cute in that just that shirt and boxers. Grabbing our flip flops from my backseat and putting them on, I backed away and drove down the street to the one person I knew could help him.

           ---------Jamie's P.O.V.-------------

"I honestly don't know what to do Ms. Addy." I cried "He won't talk to anyone and he barely comes out of his room. He just sits there starting at his wall."

"Well," She sighed. "You have to look at things from his point of view. He lost his one and only father. How would you feel if you lost your parent?"

I guess I am being a little selfish now. I would probably have been an in even more worse state than he is in now. Though my parents get on my everlasting nerves, I don't think i'd bare very long without them.

Callister feels exactly that way now. He lost his dad and now that little bond of sanity he's had outside of our friendship is gone and irreplaceable. Heaven only knows how traumatized he is becoming out if this...

I don't know what to do to help him. I did what I thought was the first and right thing to do. I took all of his razors and blades without him knowing. I even took the ones he hid in his wall behind the dresser. Though he doesn't use them anymore and hasn't for years, I don't want him to relapse with them.

I've seen up close and personal what these things can do to him. He almost died a few times and it was a bad enough experience then. Over my dead body would I let him end up in that hospital again. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him.

"Look Jamie," Ms. Addy told me. "I have to go to work now, but I may have an idea to help him for a little as a matter of fact, it'll help the both of us."

"What is it?" I asked eagerly.

"I need a babysitter right now until the nanny comes. And Callister always seemed so happy and exuberant when he was around the twins. Call him and convince him to come. Then I can work my magic from there."

Addy's idea sounded a little selfish to me in some ways, but I understand where she is coming from. She has two twin boys who are 3 or 4 years in age. Callister has babysat them many times since they were born and sometimes I came to help out. No one knows how or why, but whenever he gets around them his complete mood changes From depressing to excited in seconds.

This time I don't know if it'll work. It's a long shot, but he's my bestfriend and I'm willing to try anything for his well being... Even if I had to die for it.

A/N okay I know this chapter sounds a little Crappy but again I'm starting to wrap this up at an end. To my loyal reading Glamberts, this isn't the end of Callister, this is just a closing door. Just as for Angel in Where do I go. These two people will be seen again... together ;) Anyway I hope you guys enjoy this and btw this isn't the last chapter there's about two more at least... comment, vote, tell me what you guys think!!!