Chapter 24

I awoke from a nap to find myself alone in the living room. I could tell the house was very empty as I could hear nothing but the hum of the air conditioning system.

I used the little strength I could to pull myself up. I felt that I was weak, but anyone becomes Superman when nature calls.

I used the walls as guidance as my vision was still quite cloudy and my balance was way out of wack. If I'd let go of the wall I was sure to fall flat on my ass. I really needed to feel my way to this bathroom.
------------Jamie P.O.V----------------------

"Michael, hurry up and come out of the bathroom." I pounded on the wooden door that seperated ones privacy from the rest of the house.

I was in a rush to get out of the house and into my car.  There was a change of plans with the twins and Ms. Addy had to go to work early. Now I have to go pick up the twins from their aunts house which was really not that far from me either. But she had to go to work too and didn't have time to drive them here. Now I have to go pick them up in 10 minutes and Michael's talking forever getting out of the shower.

I swear he should have been born a girl with the amount of time he uses to fix his hair and makeup... Yes, Michael wears makeup. He has a little acne problem that's not really that bad but,  you know.. He's very self conscious about his facial appearance.  He's always had such clear skin, so imagine the fuss he put on when he saw the first little pimple on his nose.

"Michael Casanova!" I shouted one last time. "Get your butt out of the bathroom or I'm leaving you here!"

"I'M OUT! I'M OUT!" Michael grunted as he threw open the bathroom door.  "JEEZUM CROWE WOMAN!" He shouted. "Can't a man get refreshed in peace and solitude?"

"Not if they don't want to get left behind." I snapped back. "Now let's go. We have to go pick up the twins instead."

"I thought Ms. Addy was bringing the brats to us."

"Change of plans obviously," I shot at him.  "Now hurry up and don't call them brats. They are some of the sweetest little things ever! Again now,  hurry up and find your shoes. I'll be on the car waiting."

Michael shoved past me and went under my bed to retrieve my pink and purple Jordan brand shoes.

"What do you think your doing?" I growled.

Michael knows how I hate him borrowing my things without asking. That's like one of the biggest pet peeves for me. They are MY things for a reason.

"Calm down Flazi." Michael smirked, putting the shoes on anyway.  "They go with my outfit."

Ugh! I really don't have the time to even argue this case now. We need to get going and go right now.

I just rolled my eyes in agitation and turned away to head for my car. Grabbing the car keys from the wall hooks, Michael and I got into the car and pulled off.

We were already 5 minutes late so we were on a race of time.
------------------Callister's P.O.V.-------------------

This house is so damn quiet. There's nothing but the south humming buzz from the muted television. Atleast I'd known I haven't gone death.

With foggy vision still in my eyes, I just sat Indian style on the couch, my head on the arm rest and letting my eyes follow whatever was on the t.v.

Eventually I did grow tired of the noiseless house. I didn't know where my mother left to. I didn't know where Dallas and Austin were.  Neither did I know of the whereabouts of Jamie and Michael.  I knew only where I was and where they weren't.