CHAPTER 18

23rd of December 2019 

The second Violet saw Thea she knew she was fucked.

But now, having Thea look at her with so much determination and meaning, Violet knew she was further than 'fucked.' They just stood like that for a while, and Violet looked over Thea again and again. She had barely processed what was going on, this was Thea, this was Bobby's Thea. This was the girl that was put in jail. Violet watched as she got sentenced to murder. Violet saw it, and so did the rest of Chicago on TV. So why was she here?

'So,' Finn spoke up and Violet watched as Thea looked around dreamily then snapped her head towards Violet quickly. Her face faltered for a second, and it was like fear washed over her.

'I'm very confused.' Finn laughed it off, but no-one laughed too, Thea remained stern but equally fidgety. And Violet, she just sat still, hoping that the world would swallow her whole.

'So am I.' Violet finally said, and Thea looked towards her. 'I put you in prison, this doesn't make any sense.' Violet felt rude saying this, and watching how Finn tensed she knew he thought that too. Their opinions didn't matter though, Violet only wanted answers, absent of judgement.

'So you do work for her.' Thea said 'You took Bobby, you put me in jail.' Thea's face was burning up from anger and Finn walked towards him, but once again she dismissed his comfort. 'You ruined my life.' Thea initially said this strongly, but her voice fell at the end, and so did her posture. Violet felt her stomach curl.

'I saved you from something far bigger than you would understand.' Violet's voice was edging towards shouting, but her body was relaxed. She watched as Thea balled her fists up, and Finn stepped behind her, but this time there was no dismissal, he said a few words and Thea's shoulders fell.

'I don't understand?' Thea laughed 'You don't understand the pain I'm going through just knowing that Bobby is out there! That he's there with people like you, people who ruin innocent peoples lives.' Thea was shouting and was slowly approaching Violet, whose relaxed state had changed, now more defensive.

'Thea I think you need to calm down.' Finn said softly, but Thea only looked at him angrily.

'Calm down? Okay, I think I calmed down in those two fucking years I was stuck in prison for crimes I didn't commit.' Thea was directly in-front of Violet, her eyes holding so much power Violet was sure that she could have the power to break her, and everything around them.

'This is something far bigger than you.' Violet's voice was equally as angry as Thea's now.

'What are you a parrot?' Thea shouted 'Big or not it is not more important as my best friends life!' Thea was up in Violets face, and Violet sensed the emotion  seeping out of her. It hung around Violet, only mocking her for something truthfully, she had no control over. At this realisation, Violet's heart stopped hammering in her chest.

'Shouting won't get you answers.' She heard Finn humm in agreement but she didn't look up, she couldn't even think about Thea's emotional face. It would just make her feel more guilty, at that would distract her from what was really important.

'Then what will?' Thea's anger had boiled down, and had only left her anxiously tapping in anticipation.

'I will, if you just let me talk.' Violets voice was calm, but there was a hesitant linger to it. Was she even allowed to talk about the case? It was top-secret, so surely it was something that she was not permitted to talk about. Yet, looking at Thea's worn face, something in her tugged to do it just so she could see relief on the girls face.

'I have; but all you gave me was no answers.' Thea paused 'I want answers.' Thea composed herself, but her shoulders fell again 'I need answers.'

'I know you do.' Violet moved her hand slightly for reassurance, but Finn gave her a desperate look not to. She acted it off like she had a scratch on her arm, and she saw Finn give a short smile of appreciation. 'But I need to consult someone else before I even think about telling you what's going on.' Thea's eyebrows scrunched together, but then she gave a short nod and responded.