Chapter 1

“Soph! Hurry up!” Robert yelled up the stairs.

“I’m coming I coming, calm your horses,” I said walking down the stairs.

“We are going to be late for school!” he whined as I finished up the last bit of the stairs. I gave him a confused look.

“Since when do you care about being late for school?” I asked slightly laughing a bit.

“It’s pizza day!” He cheered. I laughed, oh Robert, what would I do without you? “K, you got your bag and junk. So lets go!” He grabbed my arm and started to pull me out of my house into his pick-up outside. He shut the door on my side then climbed in on his. Robert pulled his key out of his pocket and shoved it into the ignition. As we drove out of my driveway he shouted “Pizza here we come!” I laughed and shook my head.

I started to sing softly when a song I like came on the radio. “Remember all the things that you and I did first, and now you’re doing them with her. I want you back, I want you- I want you back.” Robert looked over at me and smiled.

“What?” I asked. He shook his head and turned back onto the road. “Why are you smiling like that?” I asked poking his cheek. He slapped my hand away and chuckled.

“Nothing, you are just a really good singer. You should do a cover.” I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. “I know! You should come with me and Alex to Austin’s house today and make a video with us!”

“No! Absolutely not!” I said. The smile left Robert’s face, and he looked over at me.

“Why? Everytime Alex or I bring up making a video with Austin you get all flustered and say no.” I blushed again, and Robert’s eyes got wide. His mouth turned into an ‘O’ shape and then he smiled.

“No way!”

“What?” I asked trying to cover up my face.

“You have a crush on Austin!” he said.

“No I don’t. What made you think that?” I asked looking out the window.

“You always get flustered, you blush every time we say his name, and whenever you are around him you make googly eyes at him.”

“Is it that noticeable?” I asked finally looking at him. Robert nodded his head and smiled evilly at me. “What?”

“Nothing.” He said evilly.

“You are not going to tell Alex!” I said as we pulled into the school parking lot. Robert pulled the key out of the ignition and smirked.

“I wasn’t, but I am now!” He shouted and jumped out of the truck. A deep growling sound came from my throat before I threw my bag over my shoulder and ran after him. As I slammed the truck door everyone’s eyes were on me. I instantly blushed and sped walked into the building. I arrived at my locker and saw Alex and Robert talking. When I walked up to them Alex’s eyes became wide and his mouth turned into an ‘O’ shape, just like Robert.

“You have a crush on Austin!” he whisper/shouted at me. I slowly nodded as I blushed a deep shade of crimson red. Him and Robert high-fived each other and started to do the fist pump.

“This is awesome.” Robert said. Alex nodded his head in agreement.

“You guys embarrass me,” I said hiding my face in my hands.

“Aww Soph, you need to quit being so shy all the time. All you ever talk to is me Robert, and Austin.” Alex said pulling me in for a side hug.

I can’t deny what’s true, I am really shy. I don’t talk to much people. Only Alex, Robert, and Austin. And I still don’t even talk much then. Maybe I’m just not the type of person to talk much. The only people I’ve ever talked to and felt comfortable with was my family and the three boys.